Yay - we have a three day weekend - and I'm grateful. Don't have anything planned at the moment except that I am going to get some baking done. Will more than likely take a nap after church today, since I was awake at 2AM for about 20 minutes - wide awake. Finally was able to turn over and go back to sleep until 4PM - and I told myself I was NOT getting up - and dozed until nearly 5AM and finally got up. I'm getting so lazy I think. Could it be the weather? What excuse can I use for laziness?
My thighs and butt are still extremely sore from the lower body workout on Thursday evening. I'm beginning to think I am too old to do all these crazy exercises. It hurts just to stand - sitting I'm not too bad, but try to get up and I have to stand in place for a few seconds just to determine where I am going to hurt. And when I sit for lengths of time... oh my... I can barely walk! But I do so want to gain better core strength, better balance and better strength overall. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing. It's not so much to lose weight - I can diet and do that or do a lot of walking. I want to build strength so that I won't easily fall and hurt myself later.
I do need to get on the work computer either today or tomorrow morning and approve timecards - I think I will do it today so that it's done and over with. I approved my timecard last week so my boss can easily approve mine and be done with it. But these others I have to approve. Oh well. I'll 'ger 'er done'.
There are two birthdays coming up this week - a great grandson is having his first birthday on the 5th, and my middle child and oldest son, who allowed me to start the monthly celebration with him last Friday, is having a birthday on the 6th. I am so grateful for each of my children. I love them 'more than they will ever remember', as my granddaughter always tells me. Hopefully that comment isn't a prediction of my mental health as I continue to age!
Life sometimes requires good ole elbow grease - do you agree? In families we quickly learn where to put the 'grease' so that things will run smoothly. We help others when they feel down, we listen when they have complaints, we offer solutions to problems, we are there for them always. I read a story in my devotional today that I am going to share.
The story is told of a little girl who questioned her pastor when she was confused by his sermon. He'd said she could ask Jesus to come live inside her heart. But then she inquired, "Isn't Jesus a man living up in Heaven?" When the pastor replied that He is, the little girl exclaimed that if she invited Him to live inside of her, He would be sticking out all over. And the pastor responded emphatically, "That's right!"
The same thing is true for you and me. If we have invited Jesus to live inside us, people should see Him "sticking out all over" by the way we handle situations and interactions all throughout the day. The apostle Peter, who tended to be an impulsive hothead when he was younger, wrote these instructions toward the end of his life to followers of Jesus:
I Peter 3:7-9 : "All of you, live as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."
Challenge for today..... "Is Jesus sticking out all over you? How would your family, friends, and co-workers answer that question? Examine your daily interactions. How has God blessed you, and how are you sharing those blessings with others? On this day, ask God to open your eyes to fresh opportunities to bless peole in the name of Jesus. Then do so.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment