I know, I know, we all age. I've very acutely aware of how much older I have gotten, but my children - and today I'm talking about my oldest son, my middle child - when did he get this old? 52 today. It doesn't seem possible. I can still sit here and think about the morning when he was born... his dad and brother going hunting, me with my big fat belly - and already past my due date (I'm thinking it was August 29th) - sitting in a chair at my mother's and she trying to teach me how to crochet, and all I knew was my tummy felt funny..... and it wasn't long that I 'wet' myself - not from ME doing it, but my water broke. My stepfather was going to take me to the hospital, but was taking his time around the house, deciding that maybe he should go get gas in the car.... mother was having a fit at him.... I wasn't sure what was going on with my body.... FINALLY, my husband and his brother arrived and we literally flew to the hospital! The hospital wouldn't give me ANYthing for the pain while we waited on the doctor to arrive..... I'll leave out the details.... but can you believe a nurse told me to hush?! Yes, I was yelling - it hurt! I was in the delivery room before the doctor came in and they finally put me out. It wasn't my regular doctor, but his cover. I was NOT happy.
Until I saw my precious baby boy; my husband's namesake. And the fun part of it all.... he was born on labor day in 1971. After I passed the due date, I had said he'd be born on labor day - and I was right. 8 lbs 1 ounce, 20 1/2 inches long of pure joy. Oh the gentle memories of those early days. Back then I had to stay in the hospital after giving birth.... for this one, I went in on a Monday, and I think I was allowed to go home on Thursday or Friday. Oh yeah, things have certainly changed now!
So, my son, as you read this.... Happy Birthday! You have brought my heart much joy over the years. A lot of pain too, no doubt, but I love you and I will until my dying day... and then for eternity. I haven't text'd you yet as I'm hoping you were able to sleep in a little, but will text soon. In the meantime... you know I am thinking about you and wishing you a blessed day, a day full of love, warmth, and special memories. I love you.
I had a couple hours to myself last night, which was nice. I did work out at 5PM, and then had to run to my daughter's to pick up my tennis shoes I left (glad I have more than one pair), then came back home. The youngest called me on the way home to give me updates on his family and we talked for awhile. Then I heated up BBQ ribs and tore the meat off, making it a sandwich, cut up some watermelon, and that was my dinner. Hubby was at his men's group, of course, so I had time to turn on a movie I like, 'Sisters of the Groom', and it was nearly over when hubby got back home. And I knitted. But it was a nice quiet evening and I did enjoy being alone for awhile.
Got another workout at 5:30PM tonight for 30 minutes and then will come home and change clothes real quick before heading off to church for prayer meeting. My trainer is already talking that we will do 'lower body' again for an hour on Thursday. I had just told him I couldn't walk for four days last week... and he smiled. He did say that it wouldn't be as bad this time.... I don't believe him. But, will give him the benefit of the doubt. I do enjoy my workouts - even with the pain. I am just waiting to see more results. My scales have gone up two pounds; I'm eating less, and working out. He tells me it's muscle. He wants to do another 'in body' which is a scale that 'reads' your muscle, fat, etc. on every part of your body. Yeah, the last one I had wasn't too good... over 50% fat, if I recall correctly..... almost afraid to get on it again. But he wants to prove to me I may not have lost weight, but am gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat does. We shall see!
John 14:23 (NKJV): Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."
Love for Christ is demonstrated by keeping His commandments. Obedience flowing from love is very different from obedience performed out of obligation. Jesus promises His presence as we join Him in His work.
Think of it this way..... we obey our parents because we love them.... ok, sometimes it is because we don't want the consequences of NOT obeying our parents.... but many times, if our parents call us and need something, we meet that need out of love. Even my tough guy middle child.... I felt loved when he surprised me the other day with donuts and sweet tea. Ok - that's not obedience, but if a parents asks for something.... and the child meets that need.... (didn't I NEED donuts and sweet tea? I just didn't ask for it...) they are obeying in love.
It's like when our parents do something for us - it is done out of love. Just like Jesus loves us and He watches over us and takes care of us. He meets our needs, because He loves us. And sometimes we do NOT get what we want or ask for, because He loves us. Everything is in His time, not in ours.
Bottom line, because we love Jesus, we obey His Word.... and He comes to us and lives within us, because He loves us that much. So much that He went to the cross for you and for me. Broken, beaten, tortured, all for you and me. That is how great His love is for us. There is no greater love.
Blessings!
1 comment:
Thanks Mom. Appreciate the birthday wishes!
Post a Comment