Sunday, September 17, 2023

I may not want to get up....

 but I love rising early to have my time with Jesus each morning.  I awoke at 11PM last night and struggled to get back to sleep. But did, and finally arose just before 5AM.  I chalk that wakeup to taking a late nap yesterday afternoon.  Plus being absolutely, totally, lazy yesterday - other than going to Sam's Club and buying way too much - I pretty much sat on the couch all day.  We did read last night - and I'm currently reading two books (actually more than that, but only two by my chair.).. Return of the Gods by Jonathan Cahn and Rekindled Fire by Steve Fry.  

At first, in reading Return of the Gods it was hard to get in to - I'm not used to those type of books.  but I read several pages yesterday and wow - what he is describing are things that happened in my day!  I remember when Madalyn O'Hara did the court thing that took prayer out of schools.  I remember when the big bull was placed in New York City.  But I never made the connection to the idols of old.  

Remember Baal? His body was the bull.  America has brought Baal into America - and just as the Israelites of old fell away from God and worshipped idols, Baal, Asterarth, Isthar, and others.... America is doing it as well.  And God ain't happy, I'm telling you!  When we turn away from God, as America has done, God's punishment will be severe.  His commandments - remember when the Supreme Court ruled they had to be removed from public places?  Removed from schools?  The Ten Commandments that teach us how to live justly?

Oh that God will have mercy on us as we approach the time of Jesus' return.  He will have no mercy for those who turned others away from Him, and He will have no mercy for those who follow Baal or any of the other idols of old.  They have penetrated America, they have penetrated our homes, they have penetrated our lives - if we have let them.  We must constantly be on our guard and do not be lovers of money (Wall Strett), lovers of sexuality (Asterath), and the other idols.  This could be a book that my son may be interested in reading.  Actually, we have several of Jonathan Cahn (who is a Messanic Jew) has written.  His latest is the Josiah Manifesto which hubby is reading now.  I think you would be surprised at things you read - things we just took in stride as we didn't think they really affected us.  But they do.  

I Kings 9:6-7 (NKJV):  "But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me, and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them; and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight. Israel will be a proverb and a byword among all peoples."

And this also applies to America.  Woe is us for we have turned from God and have / are worshipping idols of money, of possessions, of politics, of people, of things!  Do you not see it?  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.  Do not think for one moment that God will bypass you or your family if you seek after other things instead of Him.  Our God is a jealous God and there is to be no one or any thing in His place.

Wow - heavy stuff from me on a Sunday morning, isn't it!  I don't know about you, but I often have to ask God to forgive me for my pride - and yet, I have never thought of myself as a prideful person.  But when we insist on our own way of doing things - right or wrong - when we push our own agends, when we like to do showy things, like bragging about how we helped so and so or donated such and such... we are being prideful.  I have caught myself being prideful over the silliest things.... which I won't go in to - but it was a wake up call for me.

Now it is ok to be happy, full of pride, over something you have created or over your child.... but don't worship them.  I am proud of my children.  I am proud of my grandchildren.  I am proud of my great-grandchildren.  But I cannot hold them up equal to God and worship them.  I am proud of the work I do for 'my' company.  But I can't worship the work nor the company.  I am happy that I can give to God each week, but I can't be prideful that I can give this or that much.  It is to God that I'm giving it; it is my worship to Him.  Doesn't matter if it is $1 or $100 - it is my worship, my obedience to Him. Does any of this make sense?

Worship God.  Period. Nothing else.  He is Sovereign, Holy, Almighty, and alone is worthy to be praised with every ounce of our being.  Hallejujah!

Church this morning for us, and hopefully will get up off our lazy butts and head to the gym.  We have to do more than workout twice a week and expect miracles to happen.  Lord, help!  I have more strength, for which I am grateful.  My core is getting stronger.  I'm still waiting for the excess to fall off. Maybe soon.  My trainer told me to watch my carbs and eat more protein.  I'm not a big meat eater so need to work on that.  At least I will later today!

My big brother sent me a surprise package the other day.  Remember I mentioned it, but I don't recall if I shared what he sent.  He sent us a large tomahawk steak and a dessert of chocolate mousse.  I kid you not!  Since hubby doesn't grill, he said to put in the oven at 140 degrees for two and a half hours.  I'm going to cook it this afternoon.  It's big enough that we will be eating the meat for at least two days.  Of course hubby is a big meat eater so maybe not. LOL   I love how my big brother blesses me unexpectedly at times.  I had no idea what he was sending. 

Who can you bless today unexpectedly?  Maybe cook a meal for your family - if it is something you don't normally do.  Maybe it is just to pick up after yourself.  Trust me, they will notice!  Maybe it is just doing something nice for them that they don't expect.  Be a blessing to someone today.

Blessings!

No comments: