It's got to be all this cough syrup I'm taking - especially the nighttime stuff. Again this morning, like yesterday, I am struggling. I went to bed at my usual time of around 8:30PM... fell right to a deep sleep and slept sound until midnight. Apparently it knocks me out for 4 hours. Then I start to toss and turn, sleeping here and there until, like this morning, I got up around 3AM. I have sat here in my chair and all I have to do is close my eyes for just a few seconds, and I doze off again. The only explanation I have is that it is the medication I am taking for my cold. Got some 'new' stuff in yesterday - Robitussin nighttime with honey. Nasty tasting stuff. Musinex DM nighttime, which I took the night before, goes down much easier. All I could taste with the Robitussin was the honey. That has to be the explanation for the struggle to go back to sleep and to stay awake when I do get up. But, on the positive side this morning, I'm not sneezing and it seems to be just in my sinus area at the moment. Ah yeah... I also had to take an ibuprofen this morning because my head was hurting so bad. Yeah, that knocks me out too.
My son got me three books for Christmas and I started reading the one 'About my Father' last night. I got started reading it and couldn't put it down... it was funny, in an odd way. Not haha funny, but amusing. Make sense? I enjoyed it and am about 3/4 of the way through the book before I put it down and went to bed. Hoping to finish it perhaps tonight, if I can get hubby to leave the TV off - or it may be this weekend. What a gift of sharing.... my mind can not even think of any thing amusing like these in my life.
Yesterday was a somewhat long day. I did have lunch with my friend at Olive Garden, which was interesting. We had good conversation, but for some reason, my stomach just didn't want any other food after having one bowl of the pasta d fagioli. I was so full. I had ordered the chicken parm, lunch size... but could not even eat half of it. Hubby can have it today. I think that is from the meal I ordered at another restaurant the other day; the sauce tasted spoiled to me and I couldn't eat it - and when I tried to eat this, although I know it would be good, my tummy was saying 'uh uh' and wouldn't let me eat it. In fact, I got to my car and got nauseated and nearly threw it up! I know, too much information.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV): "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
What if, because I want to do this fast, God is allowing my tummy to say 'no' to good food, so that it will be easier for me to give it up? What if, because our grandson's Southwest flight was cancelled - again - and he rented a car and was able to swing by his parent's home last night to see them overnight before heading out this morning - is for good? I tell you what, I certainly would not want to be in ANY airport this week! What if, ... well, you can fill in the blank. There can be a lot of 'what if' and we can question all we want - but we need to remain on the positive side of it, and not the negative.
We are coming to the end of 2022.... I'm sure we all have had a lot of positive and negative things happen this past year. Some have gone through deaths in the family; some have had COVID and are still dealing with the after effects of that, some have had tragedies happen, and .... some have had weddings, new babies, and good things happen. Some have gotten jobs they wanted; and others, still want to retire at some point. The year has definitely had its ups and downs.
I'm trying to think of a my favorite part of this year - and I honestly am drawing a blank. Of course Christmas is always a 'stand-out' for me because I get to see all my children, most of the grandchildren, and usually my great-grandchildren too. And I did get to have a granddaughter and great-granddaughter come over and bake the day after Christmas, that's pretty special. This is the first year only one came over. I hope that over the past 28 years of doing this, special memories were made with each of the grandchildren.
I'm drawing a blank as to what to write about - can I blame it on the cough syrup? There was something I thought of last night that I wanted to share... but my mind isn't thinking. Maybe I'll think of it in a bit. Oh well.
Hope you have an amazing day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment