Even with all the extra naps I told you about yesterday morning, I slept another two hours during the day! And going to bed around 9PM last night - slept until 5AM or so this morning. Good part was no sneezing or coughing during the night... but now that I've been up for a little bit, it has started. But, I'm believing that God is just clearing out my sinus so that I can share His Word this morning up north. That's what I'm praying for - no coughing or sneezing, no slimy snot... and yes, I'll take something before we leave so that it will help. Three weeks this has hung on - from allergies to a sinus cold and it is annoying me a lot now. I will be napping after we get home. After we eat lunch, of course. We always stop someplace for breakfast after we speak. Hubby counts on it.
In fact, when I came out of my room yesterday, when hubby asked if he could take me to breakfast, I barely hesitated and said yes. I figure why should I cook if he is offering to take me out?! So I got dressed and we headed out to eat. Interestingly, I got a small veggie skillet with two eggs, and toast, and I couldn't eat it all. It's like my tummy says, "nope, we're full, nothing else is going in here." I guess that is a good thing, right? I got on the scales the other day after about staying off of them for about a month. As little as I have been eating lately (although I have eaten cookies, etc.) - I haven't lost any weight. Go figure. I'm still trying to figure out how my little sister says she wears a size medium when I wear a large. Oh well... 'my weight does not determine who I am'.
I mentioned 'farts' in yesterday's blog... and my son responded to 'ask his wife'. For some reason I thought of a video I saw recently and it still cracks me up. A man and woman were sitting at the airport terminal and he is farting. She is fussing at him to go someplace else to do his 'stuff'. So he walks over to an empty terminal desk and just stands there nonchalantly 'letting go'. The sound resounds throughout the terminal and everyone is looking around to see where it is coming from. The wife is trying to hide her head. An airline desk 'host' walks over and pulls the speaker off the desk and turns it off. I can see that happening. And I saw another one where a guy was walking through KMart, I think it was, and as he walked by one of the speaker phones on the pole, he reached up and grabbed it, held it down and farted, then hung it back up and kept going. Sorry, not sorry. It is funny. And that last one I can definitely see my boys doing it!
Luke 1:37 (NKJV): "For with God nothing will be impossible."
Sometimes one just has to hang on to a verse and this is the one that came to me this morning. I have been struggling with this cold for nearly three weeks, as you have heard me complain off and on and about it. Most times I just work through it; deal with it. But the past few days it has been tough with me just wanting to sleep, which is really the best thing for my body. Last night's sleep was the best I've had for awhile (didn't even wake up to walk down the hall!) but just sitting up in my chair has me sneezing and sniffling and blowing my nose again. BUT, in spite of that, because I've asked God to help me because I am speaking His Word this morning, I am confident that He will hold back the sneezes, the running nose and the coughing, so that His Word can be brought forth without any distractions. And I'm ok with that. I can come home and go back to bed. :-) I'm believing He will take care of me. I was hoping for healing this morning, but block it out for a few hours; yeah, I'm ok with that.
Jeremiah 17:14 (NKJV): "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise."
That verse just popped into my mind. I used to pray that over myself when I wasn't feeling well, and well, I honestly hadn't thought of it this time. Just a simple cold, right? Well, God can heal simple colds too, so why wasn't I praying for healing of my cold? I have no idea. I know that He can.
So what is going on with you that you aren't praying about? I know a lot of things I AM praying about, but for myself, I don't usually focus on me. What about you? Have you ever prayed that God would heal you and make you feel better? I've been praying for relief of my symptoms, but why haven't I been praying for healing? Maybe I should! I just sneezed 4 times; maybe God is trying to clear my head? He does work in mysterious ways!
I was totally lazy yesterday and didn't even make pickles. All I wanted to do was sleep. I think that after a nap today, I need to get some things done.
Christmas is one week away! The best part of Christmas - other than celebrating Jesus' birth - is having all my children and grandchildren over. Some I have not seen since last Christmas. Not anyone's fault; it's just busy lives - mine as well as theirs.
Gotta get off... mind is thinking of 'Christmas pasts' and I have about 15 minutes I can close my eyes for a quick nap before I need to get up and get ready for church.
Have a blessed day - and be a blessing to others. Sometimes they, too, need a kind word, a hug. Be there for them.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment