Monday, October 19, 2020

I overslept...

 I don't know whether it was just exhaustion that overtook me yesterday morning or what - but I didn't wake up until 5AM, then when I came in to my room to do my quiet time, I fell asleep again, and didn't wake up until 6AM.  I started doing my quiet time and before I knew it - it was 7AM.  I wanted to take Sheeba out for a long walk yesterday, but it didn't happen.  We watch Jentezen Franklin at 8AM (and it was an awesome message!) so Sheela didn't get a walk.  Thought I would take her later in the day, but that didn't happen either.  I must stop after I write this and get dressed to take her out.  Poor baby - if I don't take her, she doesn't get a walk at all.  

Yesterday was a different type of day.  Instead of staying home as we usually do, I suggested we do a run over to Barnes and Noble.  Haven't been there for a few years and there are two that I am aware of here in Phoenix still.  We both love books and I've usually had Amazon ship to me or download on my kindle - one or the other.  Hubby, on the other hand, well, let's not go there.  Anyway, we went to Barnes and Noble and I went through the sale racks and found a couple books and a Christmas gift for a great grandchild.  Hubby went through the regular shelves and found two books he wanted.   We grabbed something to snack on at Starbucks there and something to drink, then checked out.  

For the family member who does go to Barnes and Noble occasionally, or used to, I bought the membership again for 10% off.  (I actually got 20% off yesterday).  Use my cell phone number.  Just an FYI.

After that I wanted to run over to Costco and pick up a few things.  Well, that was a mistake.  It was very crowded and I didn't think as I picked up a couple things.  I much prefer $ be on the package so that you can see exactly what you are paying for.  One of the prepared meals had something like $11.79 on the ticket above it and I just wasn't thinking..... that darn package ended up cost $33 and something!  It was by the pound of course!  At least that was only one thing.  And then we needed stamps.  For whatever reason, hubby just cannot buy his own stamps, and when he runs out, he comes and uses mine.  So I bought a package of them yesterday and gave him two 'books'.  That should hold him for awhile.  Yeah, he still pays a lot of bills via mail versus just jumping online.  And those he does online he waits until the day they are due to pay them - which drives me absolutely insane.  If the money is in the bank, just pay the bill and be done with it!  UGH!

By evening I had a headache so after watching a movie I took a couple ibprophen and went to bed.  Slept pretty good last night but as always happens when I take something when I go to bed, I have trouble waking up in the morning.  This morning was no different.  I'm finally starting to 'come out of it'.  Have a busy day at work.

One of my bosses gave me an assignment on Friday.  She started talking to me about having to make graphs and charts out of excel - of which I know nothing other than typing information in it.  We finally met on Friday and she was very kind and showed me how to create some of the charts.  BUT, watching her and not doing it myself doesn't help.  We met for about 1/2 hour and then she gave me an assignment to create 3 charts - a pie chart, a line chart, and a bar chart - of what I do in ministry or whatever else I do.  In one week.  

I decided to do a chart of the miles I have walked for the 500 mile challenge I have been in.  When I totaled them all up, I have only walked 300 of those 500 miles, so I have to get busy and get more walking in - which didn't happen at all this weekend.  I was able to create some of the charts, but I couldn't figure out how to get some of the numbers off the chart and just have the lines.  I know my daughter knows excel so checked in with her.  She text'd me last night she has printed off some instructions for me, and will stop by today and will show me how to do some things.  I need to create another excel sheet of information to create charts from, but if she can help me understand more, that would be very helpful.

My biggest problem is that my 'want to' gets overrun by my 'don't want to' most of the time.  I argue with myself I won't use these things again so why do I need to learn them!  I want to retire, not learn new tricks!  But, maybe that is what will keep me young?  Keep my mind active?    

Ok- it's nearly 6AM and I don't have anything to give you this morning.  Got a heavy heart this morning and nothing is getting through.  Maybe tomorrow.  Life is tough sometimes.  Got to get dressed and take Sheeba for a walk.  We both need the exercise.

Hope you have a good day - think positive thoughts and do good things.  Be kind to your family - they need you as much as you need them.  Be thoughtful.  Do something nice for someone without expecting something in return.

Pray for them.  We all need prayers.  And if you don't want to pray for them, pray for me.  I will always take prayers.

Blessings!


1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I don't get out to B&N much anymore. Almost 100% of my books are in ebook format now. I do have a gift card for them to use up though, so maybe soon I can get up there and use it... may need to use your discount too, as I would probably go over the amount on the card.