to health, I am starting to come 'out' of the cold I have had all week. I have been good, taken the meds and vitamins I should, plus my olive leaf extract and the black elderberry syrup (cause those two alone can shorten any sickness, boosting the immune system, in case I haven't told you that before), and have been staying in at night instead of doing things. Even been going to bed earlier. And eating a bit more healthy. Yeah, I'm on the road to being well. I think Tuesday was my worst day with the continuous chest-felt sneezing and coughing, blowing my nose constantly and my eyes watering. Yesterday was much better and I am anticipating today will be even better, although I woke with a headache.
Hubby said I snored louder than I ever have last night, then settled down to a 'not so loud' sound before he fell asleep. Can I contribute that to my sickness and not to my weight? I slept so sound last night I didn't awake until 2AM, then went back to sleep until 4AM. I didn't want to get up then, but knew I had to so that I could get things done before heading to work. I took something for my headache when I got up, but I still have the heaviness between the eyes. Must be my sinus area clogging up with the mucus of this cold. Oh joy - it may be 'one of those days'.
I had to chuckle when I read my son's blog last night - it seems he and his wife are struggling with colds as well - and we haven't even been together for us to share this season of cold! In fact, I haven't been around any of the children or grandchildren for a couple weeks so we haven't shared colds. I can only believe that my cold has been picked up here at work, since that is the only place I've been and the only people I've been around. My immune system hit a low a couple weeks ago with some traumatic things going on in my life, which is what I account for even 'catching' this.
Several people that surround me here at work have been coughing and sneezing since last November - some have even taken time off work for sickness. I just think all the germs are still floating around in the air here and we are just passing it around. Even with each of us sitting in cubicles. When you sneeze - those sneeze particles go everywhere! I "face" four people - and every one of them have been sneezing and coughing for several days - and even missing days of work. That's where I lay the 'blame' of where I have contracted the germs. But I am getting better and once I am past this, I will be fine.
As I wrote in my journal this morning I remembered that 56 years ago today my dad died. I've often wondered what my life would have been like had he lived. I doubt if I would.be living in Arizona! I just don't know where I would be or what I would have become. I often wonder as well, if God did not take my dad 'home' so that I could be whom I am today. Was this the road I was to take? Am I where I am supposed to be? Is there where God wants me to be? Only God can answer that. My job is to be the best that I can be, so that my dad would be proud of me, whatever I am doing, wherever I am.
Ephesians 1:18 - "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can see something of the future he has called you to share."
That is my scripture verse on my calendar today. On the way in to work this morning I was praying that God would help me remember everything I am to do on my job, that He would help me do my job accurately and completely. It is important to me that in everything I do I bring honor to my Heavenly Father. I want the future He has for me. I desire to be all He has called me to be. And in honoring my Heavenly Father, I honor my mother and my father, that in the things I was taught, I am living (some) them out.
I hope today will be a brighter and better day for you - flooded with the light of God so that you can see the future He has called you to. What are you doing today that you could do differently? Are you honoring your spouse? Your parents? Your siblings? Your children? Are you honoring God in all that you do and say?
Sometimes our sickness - whether physical, mental, or emotional - is brought on by our choices in life. Choose life, and choose it carefully. The consequences can be damaging to you and to others. Sometimes our sickness is caused by association - perhaps I shouldn't be working, I was healthy then! - something to think about.
Speaking of working - I need to get off here and do just that! I'm praying for a healthy day - for me - and for you. Take care of you.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment