comes around. We've all heard that, haven't we? And sometimes we wait and wait, hoping to see something come around on someone who has offended us. And we rarely see it. And if something should happen to that person, would we feel guilty it was wished on them? Would we feel remorse? Would we ask for forgiveness? Ah, these thoughts have come at me this morning at someone who has offended me, offended my family, and curses us. Yes, I have thought thoughts that I want that person punished. In my own anger I want them hurt. But I throw those thoughts out and ask God to remove them from my mind.
Why? Because we are called to love others as we love ourselves. If someone offends us, we are to forgive them. Even if they think they have done nothing wrong (does that mean they are stupid?) and continue to berate and curse the people who have previously extended a hand or have helped them. We all know people like that. Who, after a day or two of bellyaching how abused they are, will 'forget about it' and wallow in their own self and think life is back to normal. Only it isn't for those they have wounded. Ah.... my thoughts are wandering already this morning so I am going to force it off the topic. I choose not to have my own personal revenge but allow Jesus to advocate in all situations. I want to call down curses on them, yes, but instead, I must call down blessings and allow God to punish in His way for the offense to His children. In our way, we sometimes see results.... and isn't that what we want? UGH!
Our great-granddaughter received her package from us yesterday and when I heard she had, I did a video call so that we could watch her open it. Our granddaughter said the daughter was in a grumpy mood - and I think she was right. She did open the box, but she didn't seem interested in anything but the ipad she was playing on. Of course I wanted excited and happiness, but we didn't get it, but it was good to 'see' her and I got to talk to our granddaughter some and saw our grandson-in-law come in and wave to us. I hope she had a good birthday. 7 years old. Time is flying by!
Our trainer didn't come over last night - which was ok - I didn't cook dinner - we snacked - and we watched two movies. And hubby stayed awake for both of them! Amazing! LOL
Today we have a somewhat busy day. We're meeting friends from the RV park at Canaan in the Desert at 9:30AM, and then afterwards going to brunch. Then we will probably come home and take a nap! Or not. This evening we will be heading to a Mexican restaurant with the daughter and some of her family to celebrate hubby's birthday, which is Monday. Food, it's always about food, isn't it? Food brings friends and families together. LOL
Got to meet up with my daughter in love for a few moments yesterday and chat with her. Gave her some extra vegetables and fruit. I had gotten two combo boxes and a bunch of strawberries too - hope to make strawberry pie - already thawed out the crusts so maybe I'll do that after we get back home today. Hope she can use the vegetables.
Galatians 3:13-14 (NLT): But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When He was hung on the cross, He took upon Himself the curse of our wrongdoing. For it is written in the scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing He promised to Abraham, so that we as believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
Any curses placed upon us are broken in the name of Jesus. Do you believe that? When we follow Him, He breaks every curse that the enemy has put upon us.
Sometimes we don't understand why we go through dry spells in our lives. Sometimes it is financial, sometimes it is employment, sometimes it is our spiritual walk, sometimes it is just life. We feel dry, empty, without hope. We tell ourselves that 'it's just life' or 'it's just the way it is' and we keep moseying along in that same heaviness of the dry spell. It can be caused by anything. You have frequently read about some of my own personal dry spells.
But Jesus has declared us whole in Him! Jesus has declared our lives are worthy because of His sacrifice on the cross. He took all our sins and bore them for you and for me. And the devil hates that. He will stir up strife within families, within friends, just to cause problems. The devil doesn't want us to remember we are forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ. The devil wants us to be depressed, to feel the heaviness of life upon us. The devil doesn't want us to sing songs of praise to break the spell of heaviness within our bodies or within our homes. Oils and things like that doesn't break curses or heaviness, but Jesus does!
We often hear certain people say they have put various oils in the air of their homes to break the evil that is there - and they are the ones bringing it in! They ask people to anoint their doors and windows to keep evil out - but they open the windows to let it in. Jesus has rescued us from the curses of the evil one - not by oils or prayers spoken against the evil one, but by His blood and His sacrifice for us.
Only Jesus can break the curse of the evil one. Only Jesus can set you free from whatever is coming against you. Put some praise music on and let it play in the background. Hum an old hymn that may come to mind from your youth. Ask God to intervene and open the floodgates of His blessings upon you and your home, upon your family. When was the last time you prayed for your family? For your spouse? For your children? For yourself?
Yes, we are also to pray for ourselves. Sometimes we need a bit of help too, don't you agree? Many times I am on my face before God to help me understand why some things happen like they do. I cry out about how I feel; why is this happening to my children, my grandchildren. And I know He hears me - and even though I don't see or hear the responses/answers I want to see or hear immediately, I know that my prayers, though they may fall short, He hears them and because He loves me, He will answer them - IN HIS TIME. I may never see the response I want to see from Him for a situation. But He is definitely in control of it.
Why not take a moment after reading this to just sit back in your chair and ask Jesus (you don't even have to close your eyes!), to help you understand what you need to know, and to help you through whatever you may be going through. Talk to Him; He is sitting in the chair next to you. He's been there every day, waiting on you to just acknowledge His presence. Jesus is your best friend. He will never let you down. He been faithful to all generations, and He won't fail you now. Just start off by saying... "Hi Jesus...."
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment