Hubby and I went yesterday after work to get our nails done - him his feet and me my nails. Then we stopped at Arby's for 'dinner' and then on to the gym so that he could get his 30 minutes in on the bike. I decided to ride a bike as well since I had to wait on him and just didn't feel like 'walking' on the treadmill. These new machines are confusing for me at times and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. Anyway, I did ride 5 miles on the bike (30 minutes) and then we came back home. I felt fine, more relaxed, actually. I read for a bit while hubby played on his phone - but then I couldn't stop yawning - so started getting ready for bed at 8PM! In my defense, as I've shared this week, I've been waking early and frequently during the night so I was pretty tired. Plus, work has been extremely busy By 8:30PM I was in bed and although I did wake a few times to walk down the hall due to the amount of water I drank in the evening, I slept deep and I slept sound. And, I still didn't want to wake up this morning, but knew I needed to get up. At least I feel more rested this morning than I have all week.
I sure hope, being Friday, that work will lighten up today. Yesterday was extremely busy. Sigh. Our Colorado director had me in a meeting yesterday; passing on the dates, etc. for their board meeting that my male boss is taking over. And with the light conversation I had with my boss yesterday after that meeting, the person who wanted to take over as 'board manager' and handle all three of the boards my boss will be president of.... sigh..... another leader wants her so he may not get her. Which means, yeah, I will get to do the three boards. I've decided to quit whining about it and just 'suck it up, buttercup' and do it if required. They really aren't that bad; I enjoy sitting in on the meetings and hear what is going on - I just don't like having to type out minutes. But I may have found a way around it in completing them so will see if what I did this time flies. If it does, then it's all good. Deep breath.
What is 'scary' is that at the end of this month, for two months, I will be covering for another executive assistant (have I already mentioned this?) who will be out on leave for a back surgery. She sent me a notice the other day... I did not know she did board meetings for the doctors. And I thought I would only be covering the person she supports - the main one - but no, I also get her 7-8 doctors she supports as well and the board meeting that is in the middle of May. I am just overjoyed, you know I am.
I.Can.Do.This. With God's help, on whom I lean, on whom I request help, I am confident that I will be able to complete each task and I pray for a good attitude and the ability to understand what they want and need and be able to complete it all. After all, this is my scripture....
Philippians 4:13 (NKJV): I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
And what that means is that when I reach out and ask Him to help me, He will enable me to understand what I need to understand, to accomplish all that I need to accomplish, and complete each and every task assigned to me. Yeah, He is that good. I could never complete a thing in my own strength, I'm just not that good at it, but because of Jesus, and because I lean on Him and seek His face, and ask for His help, He always provides all that I need.
Do you not know that He longs to do that for you as well? All you have to do is seek Him, and you will find Him. He is waiting for you to acknowledge Him as Lord of your life. I beg you to not delay in seeking Him for you never know what the day will bring and you need Him to help you.
I am lost with Jesus. Those are not just words, I know I am lost without Him. Oh yeah, I still have to go through the consequences of my wrong words or my wrong actions, but He walks me through the fires and doesn't leave me in them. He is a good God, a good, good Father.
Take some time this morning and think about your relationship with Him. Does it need refreshing, refining? Perhaps you need to just pause and ask Him to be your Lord. It's easy to do. He's waiting for you. He's listening to your heart.
Seek Him, for He is waiting on you.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment