the noise that woke me yesterday, anyway. When I went to check, a plastic humidifier was leaning up against the wall (it sits on my cedar chest). It all made sense. My guess is that when hubby took the pillows from the bed and placed on the cedar chest, he laid them against the humidifier.... and - I don't know the how or why - but I'm guessing that the pressure of the bed pillows (decorative), the fan blowing against it... somehow cuased the humidifier, being leaned against the wall, to shift. I did unplug it, and I set it up where it should be (probalby ought to just put away since we probably won't use it during the summer months). and no noise was heard last night or this morning.
In fact, I prayed for us yesterday afternooon that God would give us a restful night's sleep-and He did! I slept really well last night and I believe that hubby did as well. Neither of us woke (other than our usual trek down the hall) before 5:30AM! Unheard of! But grateful for the little extra sleep. And we went to bed at our usualy 8:30-ish. No TV last night (YAY!!) - I read and hubby played on his phone. He might have read some, but when I looked over, he was looking at his phone. I ought to show him how much time he spends on it. I did get on my phone before we went to bed and I was disappointed I had wasted as much time throughout the day as I had on my phone! Boredom does that to you, I guess. Yesterday was a very slow day at work. I did get some work at 3:30PM, but the person who sent it said it could wait until Monday... and I agreed. I even took time off yesterday for 'lunch' and went to Michaels to get yarn (they were still out of the what I wanted; will need to go to JoAnns)... then over to Macy's to see if I could find a dress... nope, nothing there... and another stop of two and then back home. Nice break in the day.
Hubby has gone to the men's breakfast this morning and I am alone for a little bit longer. Grateful. You know how I love my mornings when I don't have to work and can just truly relax and enjoy the quiet of the morning. Before it gets too hot, I may fix another cup of coffee and go sit out front. It's still in the shake and it's only 85 out right now. Not too bad. Maybe I'll take a book with me.... :-)
Psalm 139:1-6 (NIV) "You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar; You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."
Are you aware that the Lord knows every thought before you voice it? He knows when you are planning to get up in the mornings, when you plan to lie down. He knows each word you wand to say before you even say it. He still allows it, even when it is wrong.... but our conscience might be pricked at some times. But over all, He is constantly with us, hearing us, seeing us, loving us. Such knowledge is too lofty for us to understand!
I'm grateful that our God is ever with us. He's with us in the car as we travel. He's on the sofa with us as we read or watch TV, He's walking with us wherever we go. He's helping us cook, He brings to mind birthdays we need to remember; things we need to do. He is omniscent, omnipresent and is always .............. what a great God we serve! Holy and Blessed is His Name!
We had a late lunch last yesterday so didn't have dinner last night... starting to feel a little hungry. What shall I have for breakfast... cereal? naw... shake? naw... bacon and eggs... naw... hmmm.... maybe I'll just grab a yogurt and blueberries. Hungry but not hungry. Maybe just a slice of toast with something on it. Maybe an egg and ham sandwich... Will have to think about how much effort I want to put in it.
And with that.... nothing comes to mind to write about. I'm sitting here singing praise songs.... hope that you have a safe and wonderfully blessed weekend.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment