that I would be more alert today than yesterday? What was I thinking? We got to bed about 9PM, which is later than our usual, but not bad... at 9:30PM my watch was going off... I looked to see what it was and it was a call coming in from our neighbor across the street. I had to think about it - then understood why she was calling... hubby had left the garage door up again. So I got up, shut the garage door, then came back to bed - and couldn't get right back to sleep. Finally did, and then, of coures, I struggled to get up this morning. Missed the 4AM wakeup again, but got up before 4:30AM. Hubby got up about 5AM and I was getting ready to run out the door to the gym for my workout. At least with having an appointment, it makes me go to the gym! My arms are mush!
Hubby just left to meet a friend for breakfast, then he will go get his workout. I had a talk with him last night about our trip. I just flat out told him it was noticeable by others that he is struggling to do normal things. He will talk about the same thing several times. He is much slower moving about. Seems confused about what is going on at times. His eating is moreso what I noticed this weekend. I told him he shocked me, as he was 'out of control' on Sunday. For breakfast he had fried potatoes, scrambled eggs and about 6 strips of bacon - his plate was piled up. THEN he ate a whole bagel with a pack of cream cheese on each part. Then when we stopped to grab lunch at Subway, he got a footlong chicken teriyaki sandwich, chips, and a drink.... and ate a large Payday and asked for a large Snicker too (I refused him the Snicker!). He never eats like that - a plateful of food, yes, but two hours later eat a foot long sandwich? Never. I told him it surprised me. And I told him as well that his mental capacity is scaring me, for I don't know what to do.
I'm going to change our diets, for one thing. I've been reading 'The Mind Diet' which is a combination of the Mediterranean Diet and the DASH diet. I've heard more and more doctors share that eating the Mediterranean Diet is more healthy than most other diets. Anyway, of course I have a book, so was reading on it last night and am really going to try and watch what we eat. I need it as well as hubby does.
Work was horrendously busy yesterday - got through all the emails and was super busy all day. About 3:15PM I felt like I was about to crash (I had worked straight through) so I decided a short nap was due - laid on the bed and crashed for 30 minutes! Took me another half hour to finish up on things and shut down for the sya. I need to get in there in the next couple minutes and get started on today's work. Still had some leftover from yesterday. Another busy day ahead of me.
I am off work this Friday... ugh.... I'd rather work. Colonoscopy time is almost here. NOT looking forward to it. But since I've met all my deductibles... need to get everything done this year that needs to be done, right? It doens't cost me anything - or very little - because my deductible has been met. Justa few more weeks, though, and I'm off for 6 work days! Whoo hoo! I wasn't looking forward to it so much before, but now, I'm so tired, I just want to do nothing for awhile and regain my strength. Changing my diet I hope will help. And continuing to work out.
I guess I'm not totally back in sync yet, and I apologize... but I have 3 minutes to get signed on my work computer so need to stop and get to the back room.
Hope you have an amazing day -
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment