I wrote some yesterday, I really did. But when I got to the end of it, decided that, naw... I don't want to 'publish' it. It was nothing about nothing; probably some whining, as I often tend to do. I'm really trying to do better in not complaining, not whining... at least so much.
Yesterday morning when I came into my room - for some unknown reason? - I did something I don't normally do. I picked up my phone and looked to see what was on it since I had gone to bed. I usually just leave the phone alone until it's time for me to start work and I have to get the 'code' so that I can get into the system. I'm glad I was prompted to pick it up and see what was there.
My DIL had sent me a text and asked for prayers about job interviews; for calmness and clarity, and for knowing which direction to take. I didn't respond right away to the text as it was 4AM and I am sure that she was not up at that time. I didn't want to wake her with the phone 'ding' of a message so wrote a little, but didn't send until later. She did respond later in the day and thought the interview went well. I am still praying for God's choice of what she should do and what job she should take. These 'first interviews' may not be the one He has for her; and will continue to pray for her that she will know beyond all doubt where God wants her to be.
I also spent some time praying for my son, that his job would start supplying him with work. I feel that he enjoys his job, but when they don't supply him with work, it can be very frustrating for him. Personally I think it would be a good time for him to work on his short stories or novel.... but that is 'mom's thought' versus his.
My arm broke out in its '3 month rash' again over the weekend. The dermatologist had told me a year ago that if it came back and I could get into the office, he would like to see what it is. Photos and descriptions did nothing for him. Well, it came back on Saturday, same location, same design. No itching, just red bumps all over. I called Monday morning to get an appointment and couldn't get in until yesterday afternoon. By then the redness was gone and it was nearly gone. But I went anyway, with the hopes that he could see something. He couldn't. He finally saw a small patch that he said he could biopsy to get a diagnosis on what it is/was... so that is what he did. Numbed that little patch of red skin and scaped the skin to get the biopsy - but also told me that it may not be enough of whatever it was to get a diagnosis. I may have to wait until it happens again. The only reason I pushed to get in this time was when I saw the redness of my arm and knew it was coming back, there appeared to be a mole right in the middle of it. That made me nervous somewhat. Everyone hears about skin cancer and I was concerned. And yes, I prayed that it would be nothing at all.
Turns out the 'mole' that I was sure that was there is nothing more than a bruise. (God's answer to my prayers?) Now I can't figure out how I got it. We had gone to brunch that morning - I found it right afterwards. It's like someone took a pencil and jabbed my skin with it. That is the size of it... like the end of a pencil eraser. I told the doctor it was a mole - he took one look and said "no, it's a bruise and it will go away in a few days". Did I ever feel stupid. And he's right. I can see that it has already started to fade. I'll be more watchful next time! I will get the results in about a week and a half they said. I'm not worried about it; it would be nice to know what it is so that I can either do something about it or ... whatever. My sister says she gets it and its ezcema (or however it is spelled). I don't know what it is... it doesn't bother me... doesn't itch, and after 3 days goes away. I checked and the first time I got it was May of 2019. About every 3 months it comes back. Last time was July 26. Yeah, I've started writing it down on my calendar so that I can track it. So - the end of January it should come back... will see!
I took my third Fosamax pill this morning and took a long shower so that I was up a minimum of 30 minutes before sitting down (really wanted to lay down and go back to sleep, but didn't). Hubby has gone to his Bible study this morning. We joined a Bible study through our new church and have been waiting for a response from the host.... haven't heard in over a week. I checked online again last night and the group isn't listed anymore. I guess it didn't work out for them to have the small group. They were so close by too! We need to find another group but at first glance, didn't feel a connection with the descriptions I briefly glanced at. Perhaps God doesn't want us to join a small group yet. Perhaps we will wait now until after the first of the year. Perhaps God will lead us to have one in our home. I don't know. Will wait on His direction and His timing, for then it will be right.
Our winter speakings start next month and I have the first two Sundays in November. We will be honoring our veterans the first Sunday, November 7th, so I have started on a veteran type message. Unfortunately it is only about 10 minutes long so I need to work on it to get it to at least 20 minutes. Then I need to work on one for the following week. The extra money will help with Christmas buying.
Did I tell you that I have been wrapping again already? I have just about everything wrapped - but did go online and bought several more items the other day. That will finish up a few people and with wrapping them, I can mark them 'done'. I so much love to buy and give to others... it's a trait I have from my mother, I think. I don't care if I don't get anything in return; that's not my purpose of buying it. I buy it and give it because I want to. It's my 'love language'.
Love Language. Have you ever wondered what God's 'love language' is to you? His love language always is loving and giving and kind. His love language is always a blessing, even when we don't think it is. Whether the DIL gets one of these jobs she is interviewing for or not.... the answer is His love language. What do I mean? He loves my DIL so much that if a job is offered, and she feels that is the one God wants her to have and accepts it, He is the One who made it happen. We have to be careful though. The enemy sometimes will try to make it look like God's doing.... remember in the garden when the serpent said 'did God really say.....'. Just because a job is offered doesn't mean it is the one God has. Or it could be a stepping stone. One thing for sure; we must pray that God will provide what He wants her to have, and she will need to ask Him if it is the one He wants her to have. Sound confusing? Perhaps. God's blessings are always the best and the enemy will always try to get us to commit to something out of need, versus waiting for the Blessing.
I prefer to wait for the Blessing. It's better than anything else you could receive.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment