I'm glad that yesterday started off quiet. I remembered as I sat down to work yesterday morning and looked at my calendar..... I had an eye doctor appointment that morning. So I jumped up and got presentable to be outside the house and ready to go. It was nice because hubby didn't think to insist he drive me. My eyes would be dilated as this is the specialist visit that I do once a year. I've managed before, so I didn't say anything nor encourage him to take me. I had a nice 30 minute or so drive alone and it was nice. Yes, my eyes did get dilated, and wow, it was somewhat difficult to drive home afterwards. I'm grateful my new sunglasses are really dark so that I could see easily enough to see where I was going. I took my time and of course took the side roads so that I didn't have to worry so much about traffic. My eyes are doing great - see the specialist in another year. My glasses (which they check the prescription) are perfect. I probably need to wear them more often, especially since I'm having to move things further out in order to read. It's a bear getting older. I had a tough time most of the day with my eyes burning from staring at the computer screen. I did end up leaving the computer and closing my eyes, sleeping for about 1/2 hour. It felt so good to give my eyes rest from the light.
But that isn't why it is going to be a quiet week. My favorite boss had a lap chole yesterday - which means she had her gallbladder taken out. Thinking back, I feel it has been bothering her for years, but since it was just a queasy not feel good feeling, she never got it checked out. A couple weeks ago it was causing her pain and nausea so finally got it checked out. Sure enough, the ultrasound showed stones. Anyway, she had it done yesterday and her hubby text'd me that she was doing fine. Reminds me, I need to get at least a card sent to her. She will be taking the entire week off. Now if we were in the office, and back in the day, for a lap chole she should take 3 weeks off. For an 'open chole' it would be six weeks. But nowadays, with working from home, they don't even put in for 'sick time', but instead just take a week off. At her level in the company, she doesn't even have to put in for PTO; just take the time off. But on the other side of it, she does sometimes have to work weekends and evenings so it's coming out equal.
With my favorite boss out, my new one still not working with me, and one working.... I am still kept busy, but it is quiet. Which is a good thing because I need to finish up a message I am scheduled to do in a couple weeks. I wasn't supposed to start until November 14, but the person they had scheduled November 7 wasn't going to be in town so they asked me to fill in. Now I have two weeks in a row and I've only gotten started on one. I got a rough draft of the first bulletin so know how they are getting it set up. It's honoring our veterans day, plus communion, so I need to keep the message short, but since what I currently have is only 10 minutes, I need to add at least 10 minutes to it. That's where I'm having to work on it. And come up with a title. Yeah, the next few days will be busy as I try to finalize at least the first week.
Hubby and I are trying to get out and walk more. We did go for a little over a mile walk on Sunday morning. I was thinking yesterday of changing my work hours (I can actually do that, especially with working from home) and starting an hour later, take 1/2 hour lunch (since I eat at my desk anyway it doesn't matter), and us taking a walk about 6:30AM or so. Closer to 7AM maybe cause it isn't always light enough at 6:30AM. Well, I'm not sure about that; I'm still in my room usually. But the coyotes sometimes walk around in the dark so we don't want to run into any of them. We have always left our back porch light on and a neighbor who walks early in the mornings says he appreciates it cause it helps him see if there are any coyotes in our back area. Hubby asked me yesterday if there was any way we could continue walking each morning and since I had already been thinking of a way to do so, told him that I was willing to stop a little early in my quiet time to get dressed and yes, we could take a walk, It would definitely be for both of our benefits. I'm concerned about him, although his doctor gives him a clean bill of health, but especially this week I have noticed that he is 'wheezing' more than usual. Even sitting and reading, as we did last night, it was quite loud.
I've been reading in two books (one a study, another a book that I am reading for other information) and both books today have talked about the need to purify our bodies of the toxins that we have put in it. I know that I have gotten lazy and am frequently tired. I mark a lot of mine up to depression of a sort, but the things I read make me want to do it. One referred to the fast Daniel and his three friends did when they first were taken to Babylon. Vegetables and water for ten days. No coffee. No soda. No snacks, other than vegetables. I've done it before; I can do it again, right? The other book was a bit more in depth and talked about how we have put so much sugar and toxins that we can't even pronounce in our bodies for years and we have become a lazy people; no energy, heavier than we should be. We have more health issues than we should have. Because of what we eat.
Although I'm not in a 'place' where I can just say "ok - a vegetable and water diet for 10 days and I'll see if I have more energy", I can use moderation and eat better. The other night I fixed hubby and I a small piece of london broil, then cut up green peppers, celery, and tomatoes - and you know what - that filled us both up. We didn't want anything else. Maybe there is something to eating a lot of vegetables. Yesterday we had a sandwich for lunch so neither were hungry last night (although I would have cooked, hubby said no need to)... so what did we do? We ate badly. I ate popcorn. and Coke free. Hubby ate pretzel snacks, another snack mix, and cheese and crackers. and soda. Yeah, it was bad. We need to really focus on what we are eating because neither of us get the exercise we should. Something to think about though. Perhaps I'll suggest to hubby to read this one book, just to give him something to think about.
In the Bible it would at times put in 'and Jesus rose early in the morning and went off to a quiet place'. He needed His time alone with His Father, in the quietness of the morning. When you rise early in the morning (assuming you do), do you not think about the quietness and how refreshing it is not to be bombarded with noise? Even though our house is fairly quiet (except when hubby has the TV on), I love getting up early in the mornings to be quiet and read and listen and just be alone. There is good to be found in the quietness.
Tomorrow morning, why not think about getting up 'early in the morning' and going to a quiet place to be alone with God? If you don't know what to say to Him, that's fine. Start with The Lord's Prayer. You know you remember it. In it, it says everything.
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
(and yes, my mind was singing the song as I typed it out.) Someday perhaps I will elaborate on what the words mean.... but not today. I've rambled on enough.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment