Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Raising Hallelujahs!

That song is on Alexa music right now. "I raise a Hallelujah" - I love that song! But other things I can raise a Hallelujah on - earthly things. My one boss plans to take some PTO time next month. That is exciting cause that means less work from her. I plan to take two days off work for my daughter, granddaughter, and I to do our - what we call - Jailbreak Getaway.

Jailbreak Getaway. Do you remember how we got that name? When we first decided to 'run away' for a few days - just the three of us (it was going to be just my daughter and I, but the granddaughter wanted to go too) - we were just calling it Girls Getaway. When we decided to have a name that stuck, my granddaughter, who lived in a dorm at college at that time, blurts out 'Jailbreak"! And it stuck. We could all agree. We are all 'stuck' at some point - especially now - in our homes, in our jobs, in school - so Jailbreak Getaway is perfect.

And I am so ready. I desperately need a few days AWAY from home, away from work, away from spouse, away from dog. I need to have fun. To sit around and crochet all day if we want to. Or knit. Or go walking on long walks. Go where it may be cooler. Oh, that ain't going to happen this year. We are looking at Lake Havasu this year. At least we are hoping it is still available. A coworker has a house there - and it sits empty - and they are getting ready to put it on the market. I casually asked a couple months ago if we could possibly rent it for a few days in June - and they said YES. I've never been to Lake Havasu and I know the London Bridge is there but I don't know what else. I'm sure there are a lot of other things to see.

But it's more than having places to go see. It's getting away where you don't have to report to anyone. No responsibility other than self-care. I am so looking forward to it!

So yes, I'm raising a Hallelujah for that too! I'm so ready to spend some time with God and just sit silently with Him. The only thing better than Jailbreak Getaway - is when I can truly get away ALONE to spend time with God. I wish the Hermitage up north was open again. It's been bought and sold a couple times so is no longer availble to "regular" people. I need to not talk to anyone. Not take care of anyone. Not go anywhere. I need to just be.

What about you? Do you ever have those times when you just want it to be you and God? I finished reading a fiction book about Elijah. I loved the book, although I doubt it is true, but it brought Elijah to life. I always wanted a triple portion of the faith he had for God. I guess the main thing is that I just need to be available for whatever God wants to use me for.

Reminds me of another topic for anotehr day.

Blessings!

No comments: