and I'm already tired! Was up way too late last night and up way too early this morning. I seem to usually average about 5 hours sleep a night during the week - 6-8 hours on weekends. However, in spite of being sleepy and tired, here I am at work. Running just a bit later than usual, although I'm not late. Left about 6:10AM this morning to head down the road..... traffic was backing up pretty bad by the time I reached McDowell Rd. Got around the I10 curve and just before the tunnel before I saw the culprit on the side of the road. 5 car pile up. Well, let's back up. First, my lane came to a complete halt and cars were pulling into the side lanes. As I got closer I found a car sitting in the lane with the flashers going. As I got in the other lane to go around it, I then saw the 5 cars with the police car at the side of the road. It could be a couple things. It was a six car pile up and the car left in the lane would not start so they could move it, yet they moved the five that could be driven off, or ...... it just stopped. Either way, the traffic slowdown delayed me about 15 minutes, I think. But, of course with leaving "early", I'm still here at work 'on time'. In fact, It's nearly 8Am and only one director is in the office yet. Of course a few are on vacation this week - spring break for some of the young families - and my boss has a wedding this weekend.
I think I mentioned in an earlier post how I try to encourage those I need to send reports to every morning by putting a quote, a story, or something positive on the email as I attach the report. Today it was this....
Author Harper Lee wrote, “People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.” If you have a positive attitude about people, believe the best of them, and act on your beliefs, then you can have an impact on their lives. But it all starts with the way you think of others. You can’t be a positive influencer if your thinking is like this:
When the other fellow takes a long time, he’s slow.
When I take a long time, I’m thorough.
When the other fellow doesn’t do it, he’s lazy.
When I don’t do it, I’m busy.
When the other fellow does something without being told, he’s overstepping his bounds.
When I do it, that’s initiative.
When the other fellow overlooks a rule of etiquette, he’s rude.
When I skip a few rules, I’m original.
When the other fellow pleases the boss, he’s an apple polisher.
When I please the boss, it’s cooperation.
When the other fellow gets ahead, he’s getting the breaks.
When I manage to get ahead, that’s just the reward for hard work.
Your attitude toward people is one of the most important choices you will ever make. If your thinking is positive, you can really make an impact on them.
Be a positive influencer today!
Nice. I filled up a lot of space there, which is what I was hoping to do, with something good and positive. My mind isn't thinking clearly just yet. Only one cup of coffee down this morning - working on a cup of green tea at the moment. Hubby has been coughing so I'm drink green tea to keep my immune system up. Can't get sick before Saturday (the wedding).
Since I am drawing a blank, and it is now 8AM, I suppose I need to close this off and get to work. Two sets of minutes to work on - and a meeting scheduled for tomorrow to plan for. One of the meetings for tomorrow was moved to the following Wednesday so that gives me a break this week - but gives me 4 meetings for next week. I'm getting pretty good at typing minutes, I think. :-)
Hope you have a great day - I'm praying for you - for safety while you drive, for healing where it is needed, for favor in your jobs, for blessings that can only come from God.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment