Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday morning.....

It's Monday morning and I'm already pondering all I need to accomplish this week. It won't be a whole lot as I have only one meeting on Thursday this week. I will be needing to do preparation for three meetings next week. But for this week, I only have one and am down to only one set of minutes left to type from last week, so am doing good, I think. My boss is here this week, this is gone for two weeks - when all my meetings hit. She has been in charge of a couple of them, but has already passed it on to someone else to cover. Come to think of it, I work from home again on 3/13, and then am taking a PTO day on the 14th. Got things to get done that day.

The weekend was good. I made up about 8 jars of peach relish jam (which of course didn't gel.... I messed up my recipe.... but it is still good) and 7 jars of orange marmalade. First time I have made marmalade and a friend who has made them, helped me so that I knew how to do it. Lot of work - takes about 3 hours just for 7 jars and they are small jars at that! But it was fun making them and I did enjoy it. AND they DID gel and they are good!. Of course the majority of things I make I usually end up giving away anyway. Brought a jar of each in for my boss to have. She has lots of relatives coming in this next week for her daughter's wedding.

We had our youngest grandchild's birthday party to attend on Saturday and that was great fun. Was good to chat with my son some, and visit with the others. Pizza was good too. I DO like Peter Piper Pizza.... as well as some others. :-) Got my hair cut and colored too so it was a busy weekend. And a fun one. We even had rain over the weekend -first time this year!

In my quiet time yesterday I was thinking about how many days from Ash Wednesday until Easter. Ash Wednesday is this week. There are 47 days. Ok, some days I'm a little on the slow side. Usually we fast 50 days before Easter, but I was thinking it was from Ash Wednesday. At church we received a fasting booklet, giving suggestions on what to fast. It isn't mandatory, of course, but a choice to do it if we want. My problem is I can't decide what to do. Although we didn't start it yesterday, we can start it today. I'm just not sure what to do. So I've been praying about it. I would really like to do the TRUE Daniel Fast - no meats, sweets, etc - only fruit and vegetables, water, etc. That is a really tough fast - we have done it before but only for 21 days. Usually when we do the "Daniel Fast" we still have our coffee (just can't get hubby to give up coffee)and give up breads, sweets.... can't think what else. See, I don't have clear direction as to what I am to do this time. I'm thinking a modified Daniel fast... hubby has to have his meat too.... but I don't mind doing without it and having protein shakes to make up my protein. I need to figure out today what I'm going to do. We DON'T have to do the same thing - although hubby thinks we should and it's easier - but we can't always agree on what to give up. I'm thinking TV would be good since we didn't watch TV last night. That could be something - I'd love the TV not being on for 50 days. :-) At least in the evening. Maybe we could get some reading done.

Well, my boss has come in and after chatting with her for a few minutes, it is now time to get to work. I will leave you with this....

An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. “Why do you bother?” the old man scoffed. “You’re not saving enough to make a difference.” The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. “Made a difference to that one,” he said.

Make a difference in someone's life today.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Sissy said...


I love that story! I often think about it when I want to try to help or be kind to someone. Sometimes I feel like the starfish gets thrown back at me (Lol) but, you have to keep trying... one at a time.

Happy to hear Hubby came out ok on his cataract surgery!

Have a good day - week, Sissy! ly