I think I have mentioned in a previous post that I am a stress eater. Meaning when I am overwhelmed, pushed to my limit, depressed, sad, hurting, whining, - any of these - I tend to eat. This week has been just that. Well, I really haven't been THAT bad, but one whole box of girl scout cookies is gone - the obligatory box I had to buy from a director - and I do not intend to buy any more. In all fairness, it did take me 4 days.
So much the past few weeks is still going on - most of my part resolved, I think. I have learned a lot of things along the way. Some good, some bad. Others have tried to resolve issues, but unable to get responses to resolve. I have to stay out of it and just pray that at some point people will connect and move on. Lots of pain and sorrow during this time cause it affects people I love.
Then I get news the first of the week of an in-law with multiple myeloma, recently diagnosed. Well, they are still being tested (today was to have been the bone marrow test) to get a positive diagnosis, but the doctor is pretty sure they are right. I'm hoping he flunks the test and doesn't have it, that his issues are caused by other things, like a strained muscle.
Then my older sister called me quite hysterial the other morning that she could not walk due to swollen feet, hands, etc. She has rheumatoid arthritis and it has flared up really bad this time. I finally talked her in to calling the doctor and getting something to help - or go to the ER and get them to help her. Last time she was in so much pain - and the doctor could not see her for a couple weeks, I think it was. She went to the ER and the ER Doctor diagnosed her. More than her own doctor was doing after weeks of various tests, CT scans, etc that she had been getting. I think that doctor was committing fraud in a sense by doing all these tests and billing medicare for them, but never giving her a diagnosis or anything to help with the issues she was having. The tests may have been for her issues, but it has been over a month and he has not called to let her know what the test results were. I would be over the top.
Regardless, although these two things don't involve me personally, they do involve people I care about and therefore my thoughts and prayers are with them.
And on top of this, I still have my work and although I only have two meetings this week - I have 5 meetings next week that I need to prepare binders and printouts for. One of the big ones for Monday are already done. I have the other yet to start printing for. Which I may start after this.
With all this to print and put together, I've been starting as soon as I get to work, and usually working through lunch. Which is no big deal - I usually eat at my desk anyway. However, today, since I have a moment, decided instead of continuing to work to stop and write this bit of nonsense. But now, I do need to get back to work and get things done.
Just trying to cut down on my stress.
Oh yeah - my Coach Jeffrey called this morning. I've done real well in getting over 6000 steps a day average but he has now mvoed me up to 8000+ a day. Not 10,000 - but 8,000+ so that I don't get stressed about it. DUH. I think I will shoot for 10,000 anyway. Maybe. Then, the pressure so maybe not.
Oh, and I just remembered I have two more boxes of Trefoils coming... sometime. My son has had them for a week - hopefully he hasn't eaten them yet. Although I don't think he is a cookie monster.... my middle child is.
Need to get back on minutes - just got a new set! Hope you are having a non-stress filled day and remember all things work for good.
This morning a song keeps going through my mind that we sung last Sunday - "I can do all things, I can do all things, I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me, I can do all things, I can do all things, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Been singing that a lot today.
Have a great stress-less day!
Blessings!
3 comments:
Just so that you know, I work 5 days/week babysitting a 1 year old for 14 hours a day (7am to 9 or 9:30pm) for a soon-to-be family member. So I don't have time to take a phone call that may or may not resolve the issue that you are pushing others to resolve, even after you said that you wouldn't get involved again. Not being mean, just letting you know that not everyone can have the time to get on a phone and have a long winded "conversation" that will probably end with me crying and being yelled at and degraded more in front of the baby who doesn't need more yelling or crying in his life (his mom and dad just separated after a lot of physical and verbal fighting and abuse).
I don't need that right now, and the baby I am sitting doesn't need that, and Justin doesn't need that and my parents and brothers don't need it either, because if I get degraded again everyone very close to me will have to deal with my depression and lack of self worth again.
Hey! I represent that cookie monster comment.... just saying.
@ "unknown" - my comments were not directed at you. There are other things going on that you may - or may not - be aware of. AND I am NOT getting involved in either situation. I AM staying OUT of the issue you are referring to. My comments were directed at what I am feeling, why I was eating so many cookies..... please do not interpret what I feel as comments against you. That is not true. You and I have talked and I felt cleared the air between us. I would not want to stir things up again.
@ Ralph - yeah, I thought about you and the cookie monster! Anything with cookies, I think of you!
Post a Comment