Monday, February 3, 2014

Getting back on track.....

I am a stress eater. By that I mean when there are things bothering me, or if I am extremely busy, as I have been the past few weeks - well, I eat. Anything and everything. I already don't get the sleep I should in order for my body to rest, averaging maybe 6 hours a night. Usually just less than six hours. So I'm tired. And if I eat, that will wake me up, corect?

Well, whether it will or not, that is a big question, but not my answer for today! I have to get back on track. I had been doing real well with walking and being active, eating right, etc. These past few weeks I have totally blown it.

I'm talking pizza. And Ice Cream. Popcorn (although I don't put butter on it so that isn't so bad). But also potatoes. And bread. SIGH. And CHOCOLATE. And lets not forget the cheese and crackers (after all, I can't let hubby have those alone, can I?) Things I enjoy a lot, but isn't good for me. Why isn't it good for me? After all, surely there is some protein in the meat on the pizza, right? Ice Cream is dairy. Popcorn is fiber. Chocolate has iron in it. Well, ok - maybe it is because I have had too much of these foods lately.

And my skirts are fitting a bit snug! Two weeks ago they felt loose. Yesterday I tried on several skirts to wear to church, and ended up hanging them back up. Today I just gave up and wore one. I've got to get back on track and focus on staying healthy.

It doesn't do any good for me to pray that God keep me healthy - when I eat things I shouldn't eat - because I have no control as far as moderation. I'm sure one piece of pizza is not real bad, if it is a small piece. (In all fairness, we DID have salad with it). I just need to tell myself I am "allergic" to these foods (they make my body swell) and stay away from them.

Besides, we do our Biometric screening next week - and I had such good scores last year, I want to be at that level or better this year. I have about nine days to get my body back to focus. I wonder if I can do that. I had a shake this morning - and I told hubby chicken and salad for dinner. That is a good start. I brought Greek yogurt and berries for a snack, and I have soup for lunch. I think I'm set for at least today. Now if I will walk tonight for about 45 minutes that will help a lot. And try to get to bed a little earlier.

Getting our bodies back on track is just what we are told to do in the Bible. Yes, the Bible tells us to exercise our bodies. To not let it become out of control. Just as we are to exercise our faith, and grow our spiritual walk with Christ.

If you don't speak up (or out) in faith, you may start taking God's blessings for granted. Not only ask Him for healing in your body, in relationships, in family, but also thank Him for whatever He does. Sometimes working on other people takes longer because they have to get to the place they WANT to get better.

I remember praying for a young woman up north that had a lot of major medical issues. She was always whining and complaing about her illnesses. I'm not sure how many were real, or if they were attention seeking. She had some serious medical issues, but sometimes I think she used them to play games with. Anyway, she asked me to pray for her one Sunday, for healing, as we had done numerous times over several months. I felt prompted to turn to her and just ask her "do you want to get well?". She seemed startled I asked it, and assured me she did. I asked her about a recent incident that I knew about which was detrimental to her good health. She acknowledged what she did could only hurt her health. We prayed, but I also prayed she would be given the desire to work on becoming healthy, and not do things that were against her body getting healthy.

Just like I continously pray for myself, that I will desire to be healthy, that God would keep me healthy. But in order for Him to keep me healthy, I need to eat healthy and to exercise, even if just walking. In other words, I can't eat things in abundance, although they may be somewhat good for me, and expect God to keep me thin and healthy. I need to make wise choices. I need to eat smaller portions. I need to take care of this earthly sheel God has put me in.

I need to get back on track. What about you? Still eating like it is the holiday season like I have been? Take some time to evaluate your health. Perhaps it is time for you to get a physical and get a base level. Or you have a base level and you need to go see where you stand with it.

I'm grateful I have only had to go to the doctor for my physical the past several years. I dislike - a lot - going to the doctor so I try to stay healthy so that I only have to go for a physical. I got a good report last July so I think I need to get focused on a good report this year as well.

Find your base level, get your thoughts together on what you need to do, and join me on getting back on track. Besides, my son has challenged me, as I have challenged him. I can't NOT do it.... I'd be too disappointed in myself.

Keep your focus - get back on track!

Blessings!

No comments: