Monday, September 16, 2024

It will be a busy Monday

 I do have a lot to accomplish today (Lord, HELP!).  I know I need to approve timecards first thing.  I received an 'apology email' from my male boss Friday evening stating "I'm so sorry I had to send you so many meetings to schedule." so I know that I will need to face those today. If he apologizes, then I'm sure there are at least 4-5 or more.  As long as I can book them out a few weeks, I'm ok - it's these that need to be scheduled this week that become a headache.  Everyone is too busy.

I also need to go get a blood draw this morning.  I have the paperwork; I need to go back to my doctor's building as that is where this lab is. Only about 15 minutes away so no biggie.  It opens at 7AM and that was my thought to do this morning - but since it is 6:11 already, I have a feeling I will need to just go when I can today.  After all, I do get a lunch hour, even though I don't take it.  I need to go before 11AM and I after 1PM.  Surely, I can work it in.  My favorite boss is at a conference today and tomorrow so I will not be hearing from her.  It's this male boss that dominates my time.  But he is back-to-back meetings so I'm sure I can get away for an hour to take care of this.  After all, I am important too, right?  I also need to call the imaging place and get my mammogram and dex-a-scan scheduled.  Then I will only have my dermatologist to see yet this year and I will have seen them all.  Although, I really don't NEED to see him, it's just a quick screening I do once a year.  I can put it off.  The rash I originally went to him to see a few years ago popped back up on my arm yesterday in a bright pink.  He had told me to take an allergy pill when it comes up - in fact, he said I could take an allergy pill every day - it wouldn't hurt me.  Well, I haven't every day - and it came up yesterday.  I'm thinking, since I received the P20 pneumonia shot in the doctor's office Friday, and my shoulder is red and swollen and hot from it, that it triggered the allergic reaction so I just took an allergy pill  It must have worked; the rash is gone this morning. My arm is still pink just below where they did the shot.

Yesterday was a nice day.  We watched Pastor Jentezen speak a great message yesterday, then watched Pastor Pat at our church.  A decent message, but he kept breaking out in song and the one side of the church just edges him on.  He said Pastor Michael will be speaking next week.  He is always good but abstract at times.  Hubby says I need to write a letter to Pastor Pat and Sharonda if we do not plan to go back.  We've watched on You Tube the last three weeks.  Hubby did scare me somewhat yesterday. He couldn't remember how to bring You Tube up on the TV to watch church.  I did not to make a big deal of it, just took the remote and spoke into it and brought up what we wanted to watch.

I really do enjoy staying home and watching church on You Tube.  We do sing along, and we do pay attention.  And I crochet while watching the service.  I like staying in my pjs and not rushing about.  I really don't know what we are going to do.  I know that the Holy Spirit lives in me, so why is it that when they say they keep singing because the Holy Spirit is there... and yet, I'm not feeling it... I 'shut down' when they sing for nearly an hour.  And they talk about speaking in tongues a lot - and many of them do. But we don't. We have not received that 'gift'.  I always feel inferior and that maybe the Holy Spirit isn't in me - yet I know He is. Oh well - a subject for another time.  

I had to go to the store. Again. I realized I forgot to buy more eggs at both Sam's Club and Fry's.  I still had about 15 eggs, but I wanted to make this egg dish that took 18 eggs. Or was it 16.  Anyway, It's all the eggs, then add whatever you want.  I added a cup of cottage cheese, cheddar jack cheese, salt, pepper, green peppers, and cut up pieces of ham and baked in muffin tins.  I bagged them up and hubby asked me this morning how long to leave in the microwave.  That's what they are for - a quick easy meal and full of protein.  It reminded me of my eggs ole I make.  In fact, I think I'd like to make some of that - I need to check if I have everything though. Maybe just a half batch I will have it all.  Hmmm.  

I also baked a batch of snickerdoodles for my trainer. And us, of course.  I ate FIVE of them last night along with chugging milk.  It was so good.  I got to stay out of them - and yet, I know I won't.  Hubby was in them last night as well, although I took him two warm ones with a glass of milk earlier.  I wanted to bake more, but didn't.

Oh - and I did not get to straightening up my yarn yesterday. Cookie baking was on my agenda.   And hubby left the TV off last night.  He played with his phone, then read, and I worked on an afghan for a friend.  13 rows to go and I can move on to other things.  Christmas will be here before I know it and I am not going to be prepared.  I won't be working on the yarn today either.  Unless I get a break in meetings this afternoon.  As soon as work is over today, my youngest son is picking me up for dinner - and taking me to see The Sound of Music at the theater!!  He said it is a belated birthday gift.  I'm so excited!  That was the very first show I saw at a theater.  I wasn't allowed to go to drive-ins or anything like that when I was growing up.  It was sinful!!  In fact, it was so sinful to go to the drive in that when my stepsister snuck and went with her boyfriend to see The Ten Commandments when it came out, my stepfather grounded her!  But I got to go because I was a librarian at school and that was their thank you for working there - all of us who volunteered go to go.  I am so grateful I could.  I used to always insist we watch it when it came on TV - til it got to the point hubby and the kids would hide any notification it was going to be on TV (that and a couple other movies I really had an attachment to) so that they wouldn't have to endure it' once more time.  

James 3:13 (NIV):  Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

Have you ever been around someone who did something that made you look at them in somewhat awe? It may have been something they said that truly made sense over a situation, or it may have been a deed they completed that left you wondering why you didn't think about it first.  I have had both of those things happen.  Maybe not recently, for I haven't been around people that much.  Actually, in thinking about it, I haven't been much of ANYwhere for several months. I haven't been around a lot of people on any great basis.  Wow.  Have I become somewhat of a hermit?

But there are people 'out there' who will sometimes surprise you with words that they speak. They will amaze you with their actions.  And many times we wish, I think, it was us saying that wise thing or doing that amazing thing.  And why isn't it us?  I believe it is because we don't pause and take in the situation and let it process out in our minds.  We get so caught up in the 'it must be said' or 'it must be taken care of' - that we impatiently push through with our own agenda.  Perhaps we all need to pause and reflect before speaking and acting.  I know I'm in that group.  Many times I may speak because I think it is 'safe' to say around people.... but when I hear it being taken out of context in the wrong way, I regret speaking without thinking.  Especially when it gets thrown back in your face.  Know what I mean?  I hear many things that have been said.  Some to my face, some through social media indirectly directed at me, and yet, where are the guts to say to the face.... ok, my mind is going on a tangent so I'm shutting up here.  I want to be wise and understanding. I want others to see who I am on the inside, not what the world sees on the outside.  Does that make sense?

Thinking about my oldest son this morning and wondering how he is. He hasn't written in his blog since last Tuesday.  Last year on his birthday he came by and brought donuts.   I do have a small gift for him; maybe I need to bake him his special cookies and do a run out to see him. White chocolate macadamia nut, if I recall correctly.  He will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong. But then, he doesn't need cookies.  He doesn't know it, but he needs his mama.  

And with that, I need to jump off here - it's nearly 7AM and I need to approve timecards and see when I can do a run to get the blood draw completed.  It will be a busy day today. Can't wait until tonight to see The Sound of Music.  So looking forward to it.  Need to figure out dinner for hubby before I leave.  

Blessings!


No comments: