Thursday, August 3, 2023

Yep - the celebration has started!

 I had  lunch with my boss yesterday morning, as you know, and we had a great time catching up.  She wanted to hear all about the wedding and see photos and I wanted to hear about her 3 weeks in New York.  She worked part of that time, but still, to be out of this area and doing things is cool.  She also shared they have already booked a cruise for next June.  Good for them!  

But she also brought my birthday presents.  She is always choosing neat things to give me.  This time I received a set of earrings and a wooden shaped pumpking with a candle inside that is one of those battery operated ones.  She said she was thinking 'Fall'.  It's really nice and I have it sitting on the coffee table for the time being.  Don't have as many places to put things here.

I went for my workout this morning and I'm exhausted.  I slept good last night - at least until 3AM when hubby was tossing and turning.  But I did go back into a deep sleep, which is probably why I'm tired as well.  But, fully expecting to do leg work today, I had a few minutes in which to stretch my legs and get ready for this morning.  Only my trainer chose to work on my shoulders.  I don't like doing shoulders.  Which is why I don't have any.  But I think I"m starting to get some!  We don't get much done in 30 minutes as we also chat some, but he does make me work out and now my shoulders/arms are tired too.  Whine.  I really want to go back to bed and take a nap.  Maybe it is because hubby slept a little later and I didn't get any caffeine in me before I went - he's been doing that a lot lately.  

It's just weird - not bad, mind you, just noticeable of things he's doing.  Then I think it is just me noticing it.  For example, he has always been up and at 'em to get me my coffee to me first thing - regardless if I had ten minutes or two hours before I had to do something.  My coffee was his priority....  and that was the only time he would interrupt me in my quiet time.

The past couple of months, he has 'slept a little later', so sticks his head in the door to ask if I still want my coffee, and apologizes for being late.  Or he will fix it and bring it in.  Then a little later he will interrupt me and ask a question about the day.  Or to tell me something.  It's just things he doesn't usually do.  I didn't get my coffee before I left a little after 5AM... and when I got back, he stopped his reading to come talk to me about 'what did you do today' and after we discussed that, "do you want your coffee now?" (duh)... the other day he totaly forgot my coffee.  I got it myself late morning.  He has brought my coffee in to me this morning but I'm almost out of time and need to get to work stuff soon.

I know I have a busy day ahead of me again today - work has really been busy.  I may have to change one of my vacation days - the admin I have to cover me when I'm off.... I notice she sent a notice yesterday that she is taking August 11th off - which is the start of our vacation.  But, I will confirm shei is taking it off... and I'll check with my boss... I can cancel my 8 hours PTO and work until noon, and just take the rest of the day off.  Since I am exempt, I only have to really work one hour and I can take the rest of the day off without charing against my PTO account.  But, I do try to work more than that.  But I save 8 hours PTO and I may need it come Christmas time and I want baking time.

I cancelled mine, and I told hubby to cancel his, workout sessions with the trainer the week we have scheduled off.  We had rescheduled the times to when we'd be back... but I'm thinking we may do a run down to Tucson... or up to Prescott.... so didn't want to be weighed down with having to be here for an early morning workout session.   I'm taking that entire week off of everything - workouts, work, and just do whatever my heart desires.  I deserve it, right? :-)

I Samuel 16:7 (NKJV):  "But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, becuase I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

There could be someone you know who always looks like they are put together.  Every hair in place, every item of clothing neatly pressed and fitting perfectly and you may think they have it made.  They are together.  They must have everything they need.  They are perfect.  But the Lord looks inside their heart and He sees who they really are.   

There could be someone you know who is always scruffy.  Their hair is unkempt, their beards yecky, their clothes are dirty, smelly, and need washed and pressed.  You may turn your nose up at them and give them a 'dirty look' becaues of the odor.... thinking they are imperfect.  But the Lord looks inside their heart and He sees who they really are.

Our thoughts may think the one who is cleaned up is perfect in God's eyes... and yet their hearts may be far from Him.  Or we may thing that the one who is filthy dirty and grubby is no where near God's grace... and yet, their hearts are focused on Him and are serving Him.

Of course we can be cleaned up real pretty and be serving God too.  What I'm trying to share here is what the Lord told Samuel as he looked at Jesse's children, choosing the next king of Israel.  Each one of Jesse's sons Samuel thought would be the next king, but they weren't.  It was the lonely shepherd boy who was ruddy in complexion and out in the field... brought in as a 'last resort' - because his heart was fixed on the Lord and God knew him.

It doens't matter what we look like on the outside; it is what we look like on the inside.  Grateful that God looks inside me and not on the outside, cause sometimes I'm a real mess!  And as I have aged, my wrinkles seem to get deeper and deeper.

But I know that I am loved, even with my wrinkles.  Why?  Because the Lord sees my heart and knows that I choose Him above everything else.   Grateful that He loves me, in spite of me and all my issues and mistakes.  His arms are open wide for me.  And for you as well.

Turn your heart to Him and look to Him... He's waiting with open arms - no matter what you've done.

Blessings!


No comments: