Saturday, August 19, 2023

Saturday blahs....

 I went out shopping again yesterday... have I ever told you that I really dislike shopping?  Unless I can buy for someone else.  For myself, not so much.  Sigh.  I went to Sam's Club (hubby went with me and we spent way too much).... after dropping him off I headed to JoAnn's and picked up (surprise!) yarn that I needed to finish a project.  Didn't see anything else I wanted.  Then on to Macy's.  I walked the upper level and the lower level of Macy's - and found othing.  I walked out in the court areas.... I drooled at Cinnabon and debated on buying some, but decided $5.99 for one is too much when I didn't need it anyway.  Then I drooled at Auntie Annes over the pretzels... and walked away from there empty handed as well.  I even stopped and glanced over the gelato section in the middle of the walk.... and forced myself to keep walking.  So I bought nothing other than yarn yesterday.  And that's ok.  I don't have to buy something every time I go out.

I also got over to see Ms. Diane yesterday and bless her heart, she had me a birthday card and a gift card laid out.  she was frustrated that it had laid there all week cause I was there the Saturday before my birthday on Wednesday - and I hadn't been back!  And that's ok.  Hubby was thrilled - the gift card is for Olive Garden.

We didn't make it to the gym yesterday and hubby says we'll go today.  Will see.  We were supposed to go Thursday as well.  I'm on vacation - right?  I would probably feel better if I moved some.  The 'real world' out there is quickly coming on the horizon and things will need to get back to normal.  Church tomorrow and back to work on Monday.  Oh joy.   But I know I need this job to keep me busy, if nothing else.  Getting away for a few days helps with the burnout, but I don't think I could just sit at home .... and I don't need nor care about shopping.... I can only crochet so much.... only watch so many TV shows or movies... bake so much....  I need something to work my mind and keep it functioning.  Reading is good, but again, one can only read so much.

Or sleep so much.  Bed around 10PM again last night and I turned the alarm off this morning and we slept until after 6AM again.  Her eit is now going on 9AM and I feel so lazy already!  My coffee hasn't done anything for me, so guess I'll grab an energy drink this morning to see if it will make me motivated to do something.  Maybe going to the gym will be a good thing.

Well, hubby said we could stay in here as long as I wanted this morning, but it is after 9AM now so I probably ought to get my butt up out of the chair and moving about.  He's probably wanting breakfast.  Groan...  he will probably want to go out... and we just may.... but I do need to get dressed.

Sorry - I've got a lot on my mind this morning and need to process some things.....maybe I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Blessings...




No comments: