Hubby drove me yesterday morning downtown to get the patch removed from my left eye. It felt so much better once the patch was removed! My vision now in both eyes is 20-30 which I don't understand what that means... and the pressure is great.... so now I don't need to see the doctor until one month - unless I experience any problems.. Call him day or night. I love this doctor. He always ends each patient visit with 'God Bless'. I remembered to tell him yesterday 'Happy Doctor' s Day' a day late - cause I really didn't see him at all the day of surgery. He came in after I was out and was gone when I woke up. He said he didn't even know there was such a thing and he really appreciated it. :-)
I wish I had gotten my cataracts removed much earlier! Things are more clear, more vivid. I love this new vision I have. Yes, I will still need to wear glasses as before - but that's ok. Even the green signs on the highway were a beautiful emerald green versus the drab olive green I always thought they were. Who would have thought?
Hubby and I both went to bed early last night - by that - earlier than usual. By 8PM I was struggling to keep the eyes open as was he - so we went to bed - and didn't get up until 5AM this morning. But, I did awaken a few times during the night and my mind was awake long before I got up - which caused me to fall asleep in here - I thought for about 10 minutes but it ended up being an hour. Sigh. I got to stop soon and go jump in the shower.
Today is the first of April - April Fools! - not!! Yes, it is April 1st and the first Saturday of the month and I have Needles of Hope. I wasn't going to go but decided to. Hubby is going to drive me there and my daughter will bring me home if she makes it. If not, I'll call hubby - not a big deal. I'd stay home but Ms. Lori said she was bringing (donated) yarn. :-) I told her I'd be there since she was bringing yarn - and mentioned hubby was bringing me and daughter will bring me back home. She commented back something like 'Good, then you can get your new stash of yarn home!'. LOL I may take a couple skeins, but I usually wait until everyone takes what they want - then whatever is left over, I go ahead and take as well. That's how I build my stash up. I have about 18-20 blankets to turn in today so the yarn gets used for a good purpose - baby blankets for those what need them! I'm getting to where I can get a blanket done within three evenings.
My oldest son and his wife are celebrating their anniversary by taking a hot air balloon ride this morning. Yes, I've prayed for them to have a good time, for their safety. I really do hope they have a good experience. Hubby would never let me go. Oh the things I will do (if I'm able) if I live long enough!
Deuteronomy 3:24 (NKJV): "O Lord God, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god is there in heave or on earth who can do anything like Your works and Your mighty deeds?"
I love this verse because it magnifies the majesty and power of our God. He shows us every day - and if we are paying attention, we will see it - His might and power. The clouds come in and go out. The sun shines or the rain falls. Well, in our area it does. But the point is, each 'thing' is from His greatness and from His mighty hand. No one can duplicate what our God can do!
My heart grieves over the recent shootings of innocent children, the murders of many people, the floods, the tornados, the loss of homes and lives........... and I don't understand.... but because of the evil people in this nation, God has removed His hand from covering us as a nation. What I want Him to do is to destroy those who cause this.... but instead, He wants me to pray for them. Why? Because He doesn't want anyone to go to Hell. It is not a nice place. I read a couple books about Hell several years ago - in fact, I think I still have a couple of them. It is a place that I do not want anyone I love - or dislike even - to go when they die. To burn constantly; flesh being burnt off in a continuous way.
And that is why I pray. I pray for each of my children and their spouses, grandchildren, and great grandchildren - and for future generations - that they will turn their hearts to Jesus. He alone can rescue us and save us. I pray for my siblings, that they will truly know Jesus as Lord. Oh, they know of Him, some profess to be Christian, and I cannot judge for I do not want to be judged. Our lives, as followers of Jesus, must reflect Him.
What do you see when you see someone who calls themselves a Christian? I'm not asking you to judge them; each of us walk as we feel Jesus leads us... but are they someone who's life reflects who Jesus is?
Jesus is love. Jesus gave His life. For you, for me. We are getting ready to go in to Passion Week - the last week before Easter... the week when Jesus rode into Jerusalem (Palm Sunday) to when he was arrested (Thursday) and hung on the cross (Friday).... but you know what?
Sunday's coming!! and Resurrection Sunday DOES happen, and Jesus DID rise from the dead and conquered it for us! Because of Jesus, we have hope that we will have eternal life after our own death and when He comes again, we will rise from the dead (or if still alive, will be raptured up with Him) to live with Him eternally. What a joyous time that will be!
May you find the Hope that is only in Jesus this Easter. Don't wait. Turn to Him today. You will never regret living for Jesus. He is the only Way.
Blessings!
1 comment:
The ride was great! I'm sure my Wife will post pictures on FB at some point.
Post a Comment