Thursday, April 27, 2023

Leaving the past....in the past.

I just did a whole bunch of erasing... and it is just as well.  The past is to be left in the past, right?  

Got some disturbing news about our prodigal granddaughter yesterday, and my heart is broken for her.  All I can do is pray for her.  And I pray that this is a wake-up call that will change her life.

Hubby gets his first shot today for his medical issue.  We have gone back and forth on it for several days because of the side effects.  I've told him to rebuke the side effects and tell them to go away before they even happen.  Do not live in the side effects.  Just because it says it will make you tired; don't let it.  Fight against it.  It will make drastic changes within his body and I know him well enough that if he continues with the shots that he will be unbearable to live with.  I have come to the decision that I prefer him NOT to take the shots (1xmonthlyx3 months then every six months) and trust God for the outcome.  The shot will not give him quality of life.  It will destroy him.  I.am.scared.of.what.will.happen.  Dare I tell him my fears this morning?  Dare I encourage him NOT to take the shots?  We've prayed about the shots, but received no answer.  I have told him it is his body, not mine, and he has to make that final decision.  And that's true, but this morning I am feeling he should NOT take the shot.... am I wrong?  I don't know.  I need to tell him what I'm feeling, though.  And I don't know how.

Yesterday was administrative professional day.  I got several ecards from other administrative professionals that I work with.  My boss sent me an ecard to my personal phone early yesterday morning; late afternoon I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her.  Another person I support sent me a $25 Amazon egift card.  My other 'big' boss - he didn't even remember until I was off the computer.  I checked my phone about 6-ish and he had sent a note at 4:20PM that said "Happy administrative professional day.  A card is in the mail."  I sent him back a smart-aleck note about finally remembering.  and Thanks.  We do joke around at times so he will take it in stride ok.  I'll touch base with him again this morning to ensure he knew I was joking around with him.  

I am excited I am taking tomorrow off work.  Eye doctor appointment in the morning; lunch with hubby; women's retreat with my daughter; a night at the hotel without the guys.  Then Saturday, helping a granddaughter teach a knitting class, if she still needs me.  She has 4 people signed up so has asked for my daughter's and my help.  I'm not good at crocheting or knitting, but hopefully can be useful in showing others how to get started.

'Let go and let God handle it'.  I'm sure you have heard that saying - or a portion of it - many times.  I know I have said it many times myself.  And still, sometimes, I find myself hanging on to things that I can't take care of, but if I put it in God's hands, I know that He will.  Sometimes we just need to take our hands off.  It could be about relationships.  It could be about finances.  It could be about material things.  It could be about health issues.  It could be about so many things.

But we always try to 'fix things', don't we?  And we want to 'fix things' our way.  And we usually mess things up badly.  Sometimes it is just best to have no Plan B.... just trust God.  

Lay it out before Him and ask Him to take it over; that situation, this problem; and trust Him that no matter what, He is God and I am not.  He is Lord and I am His servant, ready and willing to do His will. I trust Him with my life.  Every breath I have is because He gives me breath.   He loves me.

And He loves you.  Let Him encircle you today with whatever is on your heart, trust Him with it, and give it to Him.  Let Him deal with it.  In His way.  In His time.

Blessings!


No comments: