Sunday, January 23, 2022

Today is the day...

 for the Wedding, that is.  The wedding of the year for us.  Well, as far as I know right now, there are no other weddings planned this year.  Next year, perhaps, in California, but not this year.  Not that we are in involved in, anyway.  I've been involved more in this wedding than any others.  My granddaughter didn't want me to perform the wedding, she wanted me to enjoy it, so she has kept me involved in other ways.  That has been a struggle for I always felt I could do more, but I let her set the instructions.  I think my most current 'job' prior to the wedding is now carrying a bag that has pins, tape, glue gun, etc. in it, things that might be needed as we prepare for the final stages of the wedding.

We did the rehearsal yesterday afternoon and it will be small, but perfect.  We only went through it once, and it went perfectly.  Thank goodness for wedding planners for she told each one what to do, where to sit.  I'm praying it will go as perfect today.  After the rehearsal the grooms' mom/grandma bought pizza and veggie trays and brought to my daughter's house.  It actually turned out to be a nice time and we all intermingled and chatted.  It was interesting in that the groom's parents are divorced, both remarried.  And both were there.  But all got along just fine.  Afterall, it isn't about them, and I think that was many years ago.  

But today is the big wedding and plans start around 8:30-9:00AM this morning.  I'm to take my dress, shoes, etc. and get ready at my daughter's house.  Hubby was to take his new suit and come to, but as he brought my coffee in this morning, he said too many people and he was going to get dressed here and meet me at the daughter's house around noon.  That's fine.  I'll be busy this morning anyway.  Son-in-law is picking up breakfast burritos and I saw DONUTS on the cabinet last night (yes, our fast was over yesterday).  Daughter plans to make mimosas for us too to get the celebration started.  Just one.

The make-up artist will be at the house to fix the bride's makeup mid-morning, as will the hairdresser.  The hairdresser is definitely going to be earning her money - the bride's she is doing for free - her gift to her - but she is also doing my daughter's, granddaughter's, great-granddaughter's - and mine!  I'm taking my curling iron just in case she doesn't have time to get mine done - and that's fine.  Curls won't last in my hair anyway, it is so straight, and the wind will be blowing and there may be moisture in the air.  It's all good.

The bride will get dressed at the civic center, but the rest of us will be getting dressed at home.  It's getting to be an exciting morning and I'm still in my pajamas!  It will also be a very busy day, and part of me is grateful that hubby and I get to leave shortly after dinner to return to the daughter's house to take care of the baby.  We just don't 'do' late nights, but I honestly do not see it going even as late as they think it will since most everyone will have to get up and go to work in the morning. Some of the grooms' family is from California so they will need to drive back tomororw.  I don't know... I do know I wish I had the day off tomorrow....but, as I mentioned before, I have to do payroll so have to signon and work.  And that's ok.  

I checked on my phone for the number of emails I have to go through already and it's over 100.  I will be busy, but I refused to get on the computer Friday or yesterday, although I could have.  After all, I DID take Friday off, and to me that means OFF THE COMPUTER.  I'm not married to my job.  In fact, I often wish we were divorced from each other.  Especially when I have to learn something new.  Oh well, another time, another day.

Praying for travel mercies as my son and daughter-in-love return from Vegas this morning.  I know my son wasn't too happy about leaving early so that the wife could attend the wedding today.  I wish he was attending as well, but I am staying out of it.  He is missing out on so many precious memories.  If something should happen to any of them, regret will overcome his anger.   But I am staying out of it... don't know, don't understand, and I am not a part of it.

Notice my fingers are swollen this morning - that doesn't happen as a rule.  Wonder what that is about.  Could it be because our fast was over and I ate a piece of cheese pizza and it was salty?  I don't know!  Yes, our fast is over, and yet, I don't see our eating habits changing much.  Other than hubby can have bread, for which he is happy about.  He does love his toast.  Yes, I love bread too, but he eats more sandwiches than I do.  I guess now we can have a hamburger if we want it.  LOL   I am getting tired of chicken most of the time.  But, it was my choice and my fast to the Lord.

If I can wake up enough tomorrow morning I will share details of the wedding before starting work.  We will be getting home very late for us, so will see how that goes.   It's been so long since we have stayed up even past 10PM so this may be interesting.  Of course I'm taking my crochet!  Need to have something to do once the baby falls asleep!  Of course the sister of the bride may be coming home to put her little ones to bed early as well.  I haven't been asked to babysit her two children, so am going to assume she will take care of her own.  If she wants to come home and put her two to bed and then go back, I'm ok with watching them.  Sleeping babies are angels.  

And with all that... I'm going to hush and spend some more time alone with the Lord.  I have to have my time with Him or my entire day is a mess.  Today is not the day to have a messy day!

"The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you, and give you peace."   Numbers 6:24-26 NIV

No comments: