It's been a good weekend. Hubby and I haven't had any disagreements (yet - it's still Sunday). Even yesterday he practically 'pushed' the granddaughter and I out the door to go shopping. Probably because he wanted a nap or watch his own shows, which he hasn't been watching when we're home. Too busy seeing what we are doing? :)
Since I've been telling some of what the granddaughter and I have been doing, will share yesterday. We went shopping for about 4 hours. Get this - I wore the granddaughter out! She blamed it on no school, staying in her room day and night, and not getting up to do anything. I get that. In a home where there is constant conflict, one tends to stay where they feel 'safe' from conflict.
I took the granddaughter up to a new area to shop instead of the usual places we'd normally go. I hadn't even been in these shops yet that are north and west of us. Same stores, different location. We just started at the end of a strip and went down it. Then crossed the street to do the same thing. We really didn't buy much, but did walk around a lot. There were a couple she hadn't been in before (Five Below, which she says she really likes as the prices are decent. Kirklands; a different type of store for her). We actually opted out of a few stores....she was getting tired.
In spite of oatmeal for breakfast - which she liked (or said she did), around 1PM she did admit she was getting hungry so we headed back to the house; stopping at (gasp!) Taco Bell to pick up soft tacos for the three of us for lunch. After eating we just chilled; watching movies later in the day. The granddaughter will be going back home later today and I will miss her. It's been nice having her here to visit. We picked the perfect weekend for her to visit; their air conditioner was out a couple days - I hear it is fixed and running now.
Our routines have been messed up some as we have been staying up a couple hours later than usual - which isn't a bad thing - watching movies. I still get up early but making it around 5AM instead of 4AM since I don't have to jump on the computer for work. I let the granddaughter sleep until about 8:30AM before getting her up - and she does right away. We have really enjoyed having her for a few days. I wish I could have all the grandchildren over...but hubby would not be able to handle it every weekend if I did. He's not keen on sharing me.... but has done exceptionally well this weekend. I've been greatly surprised.
This morning is church and we will watch it at our usual time and will wake the granddaughter up afterwards.... at least that is my plan. Since she doesn't go to church at all, forcing her to watch it around the computer screen like we do may not be the best thing to do. I know Jentezen Franklin has it on TV as well, but the problem with that is you miss the worship music and he often goes longer than 45 minutes for his message... and on TV it will get cut off. We've tried to watch him before on TV and saw that it happened. We enjoy the worship music too much to not have any. We have also decided to check out a Congregational Church nearby online. We like to hear the message first to get an idea of what they preach; check out their beliefs as a church, etc. We did listen to a church hubby really wanted to go to last week.... the pastor talked so slow... and we both found the message lifeless and boring. Hubby talked to our neighbor next door and happened to mention it, I guess, for he came back home and said that 'she said' she and her husband used to go to this church. It had 200-300 members and the pastor was a great preacher. Then he left and the one they have now.... has dwindled the congreation down to less than 100, she thought. She goes to the Congregational Church down the street, which we knew, but hadn't checked out yet. She said the pastor is really good, so I think we will watch it online some time this week. We just want a church that we can plug into and be involved in - not necessarily on a 'pastor' level, but as members.
Church is important, yes, but good preaching is good for the soul. I've heard some pastors are not preachers, but teachers. They will take the Word and will talk about what it means. Sometimes that turns people off. It's good to know what the Word means, don't get me wrong, but people want - and need - to hear what the Word tells us in how to live in this sinful world. And you know that is the truth. It seems moreso because of the media; not necessarily because sin is just becoming more prevalent. Sin is being promoted instead of denounced. It is a sinful world we live in, and we need to do all we can to protect not only our children and grandchildren, but ourselves from sin. It has a way of wiggling itself in to our lives, in to our homes by item, by words, and by behaviors. The Bible says we need to be on our guard.
I Corinthians 16:13: Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
There are other scriptures that I could share.... but hubby is interrupting me cause he wants me to get things ready for church. I miss my room in the mornings where he isn't interrupting me (this is the third time in the last 30 minutes). Out of sight, out of mind. But, sitting here on the couch, it makes it so easy for him to stop and ask me questions.
So - I must close this off and get the computer up and ready for churc this morning. I think the 'abnormal' around here (having company and I'm out of my routine) is starting to unsettle him. I do find it interesting that he used to always insist he have two hours for his quiet time.... and barely an hour and he quits since I've been out in the living room. Could it be one hour is sleeping and one hour is study? LOL I HAVE heard him snoring about an hour before I get out of my room... just saying.
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment