Thursday, August 6, 2020

Wow - this is interesting.....

Blogger has changed their look.  Not sure if I like it or not - will have to try it out - or I can revert back to the old.  I don't like change too much so will see.

Hubby has headed off to the doctor's office and Sheeba is in her crate.  Or, as our trainer called it, "dog cave".  She goes in there pretty frequently all by herself and sleeps.  She feels safe in there.  But, sometimes we have to shut the door and keep her in there.  With hubby gone, now is one of those times cause I need to work - after I finish this, anyway.

Middle child and his family are coming over for dinner tonight.  I asked hubby "permission" prior to sending a text.   Tomorrow is one of the grandson's birthday, and taking out to dinner is hard right now.  I'm not sure that I want to take the chance on one of my grandchildren being exposed to COVID just to have time with them.  Hubby was irritated at me last night because 'I thought we changed the celebrations to us taking the grandchild out for dinner so that we can talk with them and find out what is going on in their lives'.  Nice thought - and yes, that was the original idea.  But right now, COVID has put a damper on that.

Yes, I went out to dinner last night, and hubby goes out to eat frequently.  However, when it comes to a grandchild, I am much more cautious.  

So I'm excited they are coming over tonight and have meat sitting in water thawing out.  Not sure what else I'll fix, and I don't think it really matters - there will always be enough food.   Hubby is concerned about which table as my big table is laden down with glassware - which I said I could move to the smaller table.  But I may just add the leaf in the other table as there will only be six of us and go ahead and use it.  I'll have to do it while he's gone.  

Took Sheeba out for a nice walk this morning - it was cool out and was really nice.  We didn't go too far, a little over a mile maybe.  Hubby fussed he couldn't keep up cause I was walking so fast - but I have to walk fast to keep up with Sheeba and make it worthwhile for a big dog to be taken for a walk.  I told him to just go at his own pace - so he ended up about a 1/2 block behind us.  Which is fine - I'm walking Sheeba and she needs the exercise - and walking fast helps me too.

I got my climbing bear from my friend last night - my nephew in Tennessee sent it to me - and I love it.  I moved a wreath that was left on my 'porch' and was able to use that nail for it.  It is so cool.  Need to send him a thank you note.

Ok - I think I've decided I do not like this new format.  I'm going to try to find a way to kick it back to the old way.  I don't like I have to scroll up to type as it won't move.  I don't like some other features of this.  Wonder what my son thinks about it - if he writes something today.

Need to get busy for work - have a meeting Monday and I haven't done the minutes yet.  UGH.  I'm scheduling meetings AFTER HOURS for two governance committees..... and they are asking each other who is going to take the minutes for these meetings.  I'm trying to disappear from their minds. I don't like doing minutes to start with - and to do them for doctors I don't even know - naw, don't want to .  However, with that being said, if I'm told to, I reckon I don't have much choice.  Crossing fingers they will make a decision to do it themselves.

There - I reverted back to the old way.  Hopefully they will let me keep it, but from the way it sounds, they won't.  August 24th, I think it is, they will move them all to the new way.  I may quit blogging if it annoys me too much.

Have a great day!









1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I still vote for cole slaw to go with the ribs....

Blogger format: I have been using the new one for awhile. Pros/Cons.... it is what it is. Like Facebook... they will make you use the new one eventually... get used to it now.