Monday, August 10, 2020

A new day .... and it's MONDAY....

As I've already shared yesterday evening - I had a great day yesterday.  We didn't watch a movie; by the time hubby was done doing whatever he was doing, he wanted to watch the news.  Which I don't recall seeing any, but ended up watching AFV (America's Funniest Videos) and an hour of Steve Harvey's Family Feud and then he watched NCIS - New Orleans.  I feel like my parents.  Sigh.  I try to fight it, but he enjoys the shows - and after all, he IS 83.....  

I did get up and walk Sheeba after a short quiet time this morning.  We got a little over two miles in.  Hubby walked too, but walked alone and went wherever he wanted to go.  I walk fast because I want to get a good walk in, and I have to go fast so that I can keep up with Sheeba.  Hubby doesn't like to walk fast and always complained when he tried to walk with us - so I told him to walk alone.  It works well for both of us.    He was sitting on the porch drinking his coffee when I got back with Sheeba.  I think he said he went a little over a mile.  And that's ok.  A mile is better than nothing.

I think we plan to hit the big exercise program again tonight.  Hubby has his weights (thanks to the son-in-law) and I actually found my 3 and 5 pound weights - and the 10 pounds that son-in-law had already given us.  I'm keeping all three of those for me.  I used some of them this morning just to loosen up before taking Sheeba for her walk.  Every little bit helps, yes?

I'm still working on those chocolate covered strawberries to get rid of.  I think I have about 6 left.  If I don't forget, will take over to my daughter's tomorrow night - I'm sure between me, her, and my granddaughter, we will finish them off.  It was a nice birthday present.

Hubby gave me a gift card for Amazon.  That's about the only place I shop now.  I do have my eye on a head set my brother told me about.  I haven't decided yet, but I may put it towards that - or .... I dunno.  There is definitely nothing I  NEED, unless it is nice blouses.  But for right now, I don't go anywhere so why buy them.  Besides, I want to lose weight.  Or maybe I should say I will lose weight.

Three more days - yay!  Can't wait until I can leave the computer off for 5 days!  I have a lot to do between now and then, but that's ok.  I'll have a lot to do when I get back too.  Quite a bit more to do!  Some days I want to retire, and yet, what would I do?  I couldn't do my yarn runs as often as I can now.  No matter where we go, if there's a Hobby Lobby, we gotta go there.  I really like their yarn and don't mind stocking up on a few skeins.  I  will use them eventually.

Loved all the texts and phone calls I got yesterday for my birthday.  Missed a couple I usually get, but I'm sure they were busy.  I know how easy it is to get distracted.  Especially now.  I'll get a package today from my little sister; she mailed it Friday and it should be here today.  Her birthday is next Sunday, and I already shipped her gift since we will be leaving on Friday and I want to be sure she will get it.  She always finds unique things so I'm anxious to see what she sent.  I told her no knick knacks!  LOL  Lord help me, I still have so many to get rid of!

Gotta get to work - have a good day.


No comments: