Today is my 71st birthday. 40 years ago this was considered 'old' - and maybe it still is to some of the younger people, but I really don't feel old. Maybe because it is 'me'? I know I get tired more easily. In fact, my daughter and son-in-law, granddaughter and fiance, hubby and I just got back a bit ago from a Mexican Restaurant for lunch.... and when I got home, talked to my little brother and sister - then I needed a nap!
I woke up at my usual 4-4:30AM so got up to go do my quiet time. Then hubby and I decided to just have cereal for breakfast cause we knew we were going out to a heavy lunch. So ate cereal then watched Jentezen Franklin preach and then our church with Pastor Paul. Jentezen was 'on-fire' today, talking about the end times and how Christians need to get out and vote in the upcoming election as the world as we know it may change if certain people are elected - without mentioning any names or political parties.
So other than watching them, going to lunch and eating way too much, talking on the phone or texting - a lot today - and taking a 1/2 hour nap - that's all I have gotten done today. I didn't even try to unpack boxes yesterday nor today - although I should. They won't get done if I don't. Will see if I can get out there some time this week for maybe an hour a night. It's just so stinking hot in the garage and I leave with a headache. But I still need to go through boxes.
Upward Foundation came Friday and picked up several boxes that I had packed up for them. I even took a deep breath and put some of the glass items that were on the table that no one has taken in a box for them to take. I still have a lot on the table, but I'll work through it. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have a clean table.
I've gotten so many texts and facebook postings and it is really cool. People I haven't talked to in years are sending greetings or friend requests. It's nice to make contact again. I'm still trying to figure out why this one person is always posting photos of food - and it looks all healthy and yummy. I called my little sister and asked her if she knew - she hadn't noticed. Wow - I didn't see a post where she just posted words - it always has a meal. I wondered if she was a chef or a health nut or what. Sure looks yummy.
Then I got up and had a chocolate covered strawberry that my boss had sent me for my birthday. And it was good. After my nap, that is. or was.
I sure hope hubby isn't expecting me to cook dinner tonight. I want something, but it sure isn't food. I really didn't eat that much at lunch. Hubby and I split a meal and I didn't eat all mine. But I just 'want' something. Hmmm. Popcorn doesn't even sound good so guess I really do not want anything - but then, it's only 5;30PM and that can change.
Watched Overcomer again last night - what a great, encouraging, enlightening movie. I wish all my children/grandchildren would watch it. It really touches my heart - and encourages me. Inspires me too. Can't we all use a little inspiration?
May watch another movie tonight - but a chick flick. Hubby can watch the fighting movies or intense movies while I'm working. YAY - this is a four day week as we go on vacation on Friday - and no wifi where we will be at. I'll take a jetpak but there is no guarantee it will work. Some of my kids who want to get away and just read or take walks or just chill - this is where to go - no wifi, most things are still shut down - everything is furnished in the house and it's at least 20 degrees cooler than here. Yeah, I'm looking forward to 5 days out of touch. Just getting fresh information to share when I return, right?
Going to look for a movie - and keep celebrating me. My workouts and healthy eating starts up tomorrow - got to get it together!
So glad God has allowed me to live this long so that I can enjoy my children and grandchildren more. And great-grandchildren when I can. So looking forward to COVID restrictions lifting so that I can see them. I'm tired of staying home - but then I wonder why. I always stayed home. Well, Iwent shopping, and I can still do that at some stores, but I just don't want to go. Maybe that's the difference.
Have a good evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment