Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I want to do more...

Doing the same ole thing day after day.... going to work, coming home, going to sleep, going to work... except for weekends, of course.... I want to get involved. I want to do something. Yeah, starting to learn to knit is fun. In fact, it is addicting. I'm alternating between sewing on my quilts and knitting now. Yeah, still on the dishcloths - but I'm getting a little better. Don't understand all the terms - "cast on", "cast off", "pearl" (or is it purl?)... just show me what to do and how to do it! In fact, I was at the end of one last night and I needed to know how to "cast off" so I went to You-Tube - and found it! It isn't exactly the way I was shown on Saturday, but it worked! AND I learned how to start another one. I wanted to keep going on it, but I knew that I needed to quit and go to bed after about 3 rows. Hopefully at some point I will not only pick up speed, but knowledge as well. I still have a Santa Claus hanging I want to get finished before I start on some other things (sewing). Now I'm torn between knitting and sewing. I enjoy both.

But I still want to do more. My son has been talking about going back to school.... which made me think about it. But what would I take? I do want to learn sign language - just because. Well, my granddaughter and I have talked a lot about it because her mother is nearly deaf. At some point she is going to have to learn (if she doesn't invest in some good hearing aids). We've talked that if we learn now and start using it some, then when/if she does go deaf, we can still communicate. I think she said it was $1700 at Costco for hearing aids that would work for her. Wish I had it to give her. It's hard not being able to hear and then people make jokes about it. Now hubby - who he says the doctors say his hearing is fine - is turning the TV up louder and louder. I can't hardly stand it.... but if I say anything I get ...well... moving on.. Is now the time to take an ASL class. I really need something online since it becomes a battle when I am gone more than one night.

Right now Tuesday nights I meet up with one of my granddaughters - and sometimes her mother - and we meet somewhere for dinner. I need to tell them to bring their knitting tonight and we'll meet at Panera for soup and sit and knit for a little while. It's nice that we can do that there. Of course the only reason I'm allowed Tuesday nights is because hubby has a men's group at our house. It's either I sit in the back room for two hours or meet them for dinner. If I take another night it gets a bit more challenging ....

My two bosses are in Tucson yesterday and today. It's been pretty quiet - except the executive assistant in Tucson is trying to tell me what to do. I'm ignoring her. She needs to mind her stuff there and let me take care of things here. She knows I'm not responding to her for a reason. She sent an email stating she was going to send an email to everyone here and tell them to see me and another admin if they have problems with the audio/visual.... I told her no, she didn't need to send an email - they know they can come to us. She's just trying to make herself look good and in control. To me she doesn't have enough work to do that she has to control mine. I responded to her NOT to include our names if she was sending an email. Then she comes back (after a few more emails) that WE need to send the email from here. Not going to happen. I'm just ignoring her.

With that - I need to get busy - I DO have work to do!

Until another day...

Blessings!

No comments: