is such a real pain. I have had my "family doctor" for over 30 years - and he is planning to retire this year - or early next year. Then his son ticked me off so I refuse to go back to him even before he retires, so now am in the process of trying to find a new doctor. I've received several recommendations and have checked some of them out - but am really hoping to find one that takes my insurance - which is actually TWO insurances to get the maximum savings - as it says. Most only have one part of it so I have to pay about $160 per visit out of pocket. I have the high deductible insurance as I am healthy (thank you, God) and don't have much medical issues. Mainly getting my thyroid prescription refilled.
I did call one doctor near home that several people had recommended to me. Now mind you I don't need to go see them until around the first of April as I have enough pills to last until then. I also have my lab request so I can get it done before going for the visit so I will have current information for them - and all they have to do is see me, and write a new prescription. That doctor could not get a new patient in until August. Seriously. If he is that busy, he is too busy for me. He only took one of my insurances.
Doctor #2 was recommended by a dear doctor friend of mine that I have known for years. I checked his insurance just now and find that he takes both my insurances (out of the 3 names my doctor friend recommended, this one takes both) which is a good thing. I have called and left a voice mail so will see if I get a call back in the next day or so. He is internal medicine and nuclear cardiology. Hmmmm - hopefully will never need the cardiology, but that does run in our family - especially the male line.
If this doctor can't take me around the first of April, I will try another doctor - but again, he only takes one insurance which means I'd have to fork over $160 per visit - or thereabouts. I would like to avoid that.
I don't like having to find another doctor. Even though my current doctor hasn't taken my insurance in years, I have still gone to him because I didn't want to deal with the change. I only go for physicals and then to check in with lab work to get my prescription filled. I don't need anyone over the top.
So now I wait and see I get a phone call back. It's draining. I just want it over with. Since he takes both my insurance I would even go in now to fill out paperwork! But will have to wait and see. Definitely don't want to get my hopes up.
I need to come in to work really early tomorrow - lucky me - I get to pass out valentines and Hershey kisses to everyone - before they arrive of course. I get to put on their desks. The other two women that were to help - one doesn't work on Wednesdays in the office (works remote) and the other - well, she has a young child and can't take them to wherever any earlier than 7-8am.... so guess who that leaves. Oh well.
Except for days like to today when there were accidents everywhere (and bless Siri's heart, she directed me yet another way to get around the big accident on the 202.) I did get caught in the mess on the I-17 for about 40 minutes until I could break free. That was about 8 cars, I think. It took over an hour, but I did eventually get into the office. None the worse for wear.
And now it's time for me to go home - and I am so ready. It's been a day. Hope yours has gone well.
Blessings!
2 comments:
Handing out "valentine goodies" at work.... two other people are supposed to help, but they are late arrivers. Cracks me up!
Is my employer handing out Valentines? Hell no!
Did I buy cards to hand out? HELL NO!
why are you?
That's because you are so loveable EVERY day. :-) My boss didn't pass out valentines either. It was a company thing (actually, 1 person thing - I just got to participate in it). Goterdone!
Post a Comment