is Christmas. No, I'm still not "ready" for it. In fact, after the Christmas concert last night, all I did was try to figure out some of the things I have purchased for the children. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I brought it to work with me today to see if I could ponder on it as well. Will see. There's that word 'ponder' again. :-)
Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas. I love the celebrations, I love the giving, I love the baking - all of it. And I love celebrating the birth of Jesus. I just sometimes overdo on the buying and giving - but then, I seem to always do that for anything. I love to give. I'm not always good about receiving. Maybe I have that of my mama in me - always wanting to give but receiving isn't necessary.
One week from today is Christmas - and I still have so much to do. Will need to plan to shop after work again tonight. I haven't gone all over like I used to do. I've toned it down a lot. But, I still need to get out and get some things. I look over my list and wish I knew what to do for some that would bring them joy. Some need joy in their lives. I know where to find it, but they don't accept it.
We had a Christmas celebration yesterday here at work. Most brought in cookies and we had hot cocoa to go with it. Today we have our Christmas ornament exchange - sorta like a 'white elephant'. It will be fun to do. I think the building owners also have a refreshment thing downstairs this morning. It will be a fun and yet busy day- just because we are 'playing' some, it doesn't make the work slack off.
As my work involves inputting admits of those who have gone to the hospital, it seems to be extremely busy. It is so sad that many of these that are being admitted will still be in the hospital on Christmas morning. Some because they have no place else to go so choose to linger - others because it is medically necessary. I am fortunate that for the most part, my family is healthy. Sure we have the lingering sinus headaches, colds, etc. Today I'm struggling with a sore neck. The air conditioner was - for some unknown reason - turned on in the office yesterday and it blew right on my neck. Today I brought my neck scarf to throw over my neck. I didn't say anything for I thought perhaps it was 'just me'. I don't do cold real well. However, this morning a coworker a row over mentioned how cold she had been yesterday and how she had a neck cover that she heated in the microwave and put on her neck yesterday. Regardless, my neck is sore today from being so tensed up. I'll get over it; just need to relax.
Tomorrow the company is having their annual holiday luncheon. I forget what Thursday is, and Friday is a breakfast potluck. I'll need to go to the store on Thursday and pick up some things for eggs ole' for I think that is what I'll fix.
Busyness - it's all busyness, isn't it?! I try to take some time out each day and just 'rest' and not worry about what I need to do and what I haven't done and what I should do and what I did do. Jesus said that we are to cast our burdens upon Him, for He cares for us. I think that is a very good idea! Try it - you may find you will feel better.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment