Yesterday was an interesting day. We attended another church just to see what it was like. Well, there was a little more than that. We were hoping for some good 'down-home' preaching. You know, like it was when we grew up. When the Bible was preached and you were able to understand how to apply it to your life.
We were disappointed. That is all I have to say about that.
The best part of the day was that I stopped by my son's house and saw my beautiful granddaughter for a few minutes. She was visiting from Tucson and was planning on heading back later in the day. Also got to see my grandsons. They always run out for a quick hug. I love it.
From there I ended up at Walmart picking up yet another rope toy for Marley. Sigh. This one rope toy I purchased at Big Lots last week.... well, she loved it. A lot. She shared it. A lot. We found it in pieces of string throughout the entire house for about a week before I finally thew the last two inches (out of about 12) away. The one I bought yesterday I thought would last... but she has already broke the strings in one knot of it. Marley sure does have strong teeth! I think we may have to stick with the hard rubber toys, and one of the rope toys on occasion. They just don't seem to last as long.
That was about my day yesterday. By 7PM or so we had a storm brewing and although it doesn't happen often, I started to get a sinus headache, which I assume was from the stuff going on outside. By 8:30 I took an ibuprohen and went to bed. Slept until around 4-ish this morning, tossed and turned and dozed until about 5:45. By that time Marley was stirring and wanting to go out.
And here it is Monday already. After I finish writing this I plan to get started on submitting resumes. I am still believing that God is going to provide what we need, where we need it, and even when we need it. I am not going to allow myself to get anxious about it for in everything, which includes looking for a job. We are told not to be anxious, but in everything submit our requests to God.
Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hears and your minds in Chrits Jesus." (NIV)
or, in the NLT -
"Don't worry about anything; inbstead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
So, I'm praying and letting God guide and direct my path. I'm doing my part by applying for jobs - and trusting He will do His part by supplying just what we need.
Have you ever been in a position when you just have to trust God for the outcome?
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment