I can't believe I am at a loss as to what to write about today. Unless I write about my big brother being an instigator between my sister and I. He turned "54" the other day (aka 66 - or is it 67) and he is trying to stir the pot this morning with comments about the nice birthday card I sent him. It WAS a nice birthday card, full of compliments, and I thought he would like it. He did. My bro is in really good shape. This is the one that challenged me to do the mini-marathon with him last May. He says he feels like he is 55 - but now he won't be 55 until next year, he says. So I say, "fine, I will be 44 this year, and 45 next year". I figure if it works for him, it can work for me. :-)
Thinking about it, my birthday is coming up in a short time here. As Tom and I have gone to a couple stores doing some shopping, I have seen different things and have told him "here is a birthday idea". Last week at Sam's Club I did that and the man walking in front of me (and in my way) turned and gave me a funny look and raised his eyebrows at Tom. Silly man. He probably wished his wife would give him ideas for her birthday.
Tom and I were talking last night of some of my birthday ideas. There was one I told him he needed to share - cause he thought it was a wonderful idea (which surprised me) - but I'm not going to mention it. I know one son reads my blog almost daily - the other two children rarely, I think, read it. It will be interesting to see if they check for any ideas. This specific request was on one of my life goals.
I'm not really needing anything. Well, other than a job. My hubby or the children can not get that for me - but I can. And that is what I am going to be doing right after I finish this blog. Which will be very shortly, since I don't have anything to share today.
So, with that, I will close with this scripture.
Lamentations 3:21-24 "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope; Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.""
One of my favorite scriptures; He is my portion, therefore, I will wait for Him to determine my path and set things in place. His mercies are new every morning, He is faithful, and great is His compassion for me. And for you.
Blessings!
1 comment:
I notice you STILL did not post any ideas....
Post a Comment