Saturday, September 3, 2011

Early Start

I like to get up early in the mornings - around 4AM - to have my 'quiet time' with the Lord.  This morning, though, I was awake at 2AM.  Since I told myself I didn't want to get up that early, I tried to go back to sleep - but by 3AM, I gave up trying to sleep and got up before I woke Tom up.

While in my 'quiet time' I do different things, depending on how much time I have available.  Tom and I were going to walk the canal this morning, but had developed a headache so didn't think I would be walking.  That left me quite a bit of time.  It was good time.  I was able to read scriptures from the Bible, read in a devotional, read some in The Kneeling Christian and actually spent quality - and quantity - of time in prayer.  It was a good time.  I enjoyed that I didn't have to spend my time with an eye on the clock to make sure I got out of there in time to go somewhere.

Today is Saturday and it is to be a relaxing day of sorts.  Grandpa has gone to watch Stevie play football - I have a hair appointment so didn't get to go.  Later this evening we will probably just watch movies or read.  I'm reading three different books now.  Some are interesting, some are so-so but I want to read them for the content.  I love to read and I'm glad I have passed that along to at least one of my children.   Some of the grandchildren love to read too.

I'm feeling kind of mellow right now.  Have had a week of busyness and things to work through.  I can only get through the the painful and difficult times when His hand is upon mine. How grateful I am I just have to reach up to grab hold.  Thank you, Abba.

Father, You know my heart this morning and what bothers me, and what brings me joy.  Please help me not to buy into other people's insecurities and demands.  Help me to keep my eyes on You alone, and to be obedient to You in every way.  You alone are my heart's desire, and I choose to worship You.   I love you, Abba.  Draw me close to Thee and never let me go.  Amen.

Blessings!

No comments: