I know my past few posts have been a mixture of emotions, and this one is probably right in there with the rest. I have been doing serious praying about certain matters, and searching for answers as to what to do. I wish decisions were easy to make. The tough ones never are anyway.
I need to make a decision about my future. Actually, I have a lot of things on my plate right now that will be deciding my future. Things about job, church, participation, teaching, leading, etc. I wonder to myself... 'what if I choose wrong'? 'What if.....?" "Am I making the right choice?"
And I run to my Heavenly Father who knows all things, knows my heart, knows my past (although He has forgotten it once I confessed it and received His forgiveness), and knows my future. My Lord knows I only want to serve Him. My heart's desire is to help people have a personal relationship with Him. My greatest joy is laying everything down at His feet and worshipping Him.
But I still have to make decisions, right or wrong. I made a decision today on one, after being in turmoil the past couple weeks and working through the process. I spent time praying about it nearly every day, if not every single day. Today, I feel I received my answer. As I was processing things and going through the turmoil once again within myself, I realized that in itself was my answer. There was no peace about it. This is not my time for that activity. This is not where I am to put my energy or my strength. I am to give it up. I am to let it go. I am to give it back.
I talked to my husband about it to get a 'feel back' on it. He agrees with me, that if I am in turmoil about it, unhappy, stressed, then it is not what I am to be doing at this time. Not that I can't do it, now is not the time. So, I'm letting it go as soon as I can share that with the person 'in charge'. I wanted to send an email but was told that was 'tacky', that I need to do it in person. So, hopefully tonight I can let it go completely. I need to.
I want to be obedient to my Lord, and if He is not giving me peace, then I need to obey the barriers He has put in my way.
What is causing you turmoil in your life? Who are you running to for answers? My prayer is that you run to the One who loves you more than you will ever remember.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment