Sunday, September 11, 2011

Beth Moore and Roosters

Hmm, I wonder what Beth would say with putting the title in her name and Roosters.  I bet she would have been a great Rooster!   What am I talking about?

Went to North Hills Church yesterday to watch a Beth Moore 'Living Proof' simulcast.  What an awesome time of worship and hearing the Word!   As I was immersed in worship, I realized how much I have missed getting 'lost' in worship.  If you haven't ever been 'lost' in worshipping God, then you don't have a clue what I am referring to, but if you have, then you do know.   I love to lose myself in total abandonment in worship.  Where time stands still and nothing exists but God.   It felt good to lose myself for a time.  I needed that time of refreshment.

Beth Moore was awesome in speaking the Word on Luke and Acts.  So many things I hadn't thought of  before - and I took lots of notes!  God has truly blessed Beth Moore with the ability to speak the Word in such a way it is understandable - and some of us need it real clear!  I understand one person accepted Christ as Lord and Savior at the session - and if I have heard correctly, she is from the church I attend.  What an awesome decision to make - to follow Jesus!

After the simulcast, 4 other friends and I - the original 'Roosters' - went to dinner together for a wonderful time of sharing and catching up.  It has been at least seven years since we have all been together at one time.  I don't think any of us have changed much, and it was so good to hear from each one and to see them again.  I do hope we don't wait as long for our next 'Rooster Reunion'.

What is a 'Rooster'?  What seems like a long time ago, we were asked to be an accountability group for one of our pastors at that time.   The 'Rooster' name came from when the rooster crowed after Peter denied Jesus for the 3rd time.  As an accountability group, we prayed for this pastor and held her accountable - and ourselves as well.  We formed a great bond and friendship that has lasted many years.   The pastor has moved on to other things and some of us 'Roosters' still pray for her, although we do not meet like we did when she was  here.  But the bond created during that time has remained strong.

So that was my day yesterday - and the reason for my title.   I am truly blessed to be able to freely worship, hear the Word, and join friends to share what is going on in our lives.   I don't know if I could determine what was the best part of yesterday.... but losing myself in worship is right up there with spending time with the Roosters.

How was your day?  Did you 'lose yourself' in something?  Did you meet up with close friends and share a meal?   Did you do something that has created a memory within?  Think about it.... how was your day?

Blessings!

No comments: