I need a Daniel (as in OT) to interpret a dream for me I had last night. I can ponder it all I want, and probably still will not understand the dream. It's interesting I had a dream like this, for I am reading the book of Daniel now, and he is interpreting King Nebuchadnezzar's dreams. My dream?
I am at work in a building that is under construction. I wanted to know about a person's test results and were looking them up. A little later, HR calls me to an office. I think I'm in trouble for looking at the person's test results, but it doesn't seem like that is the reason. I have been called to the HR office because I do research and am accurate in my work and they need someone who will pursue until they get the right answers. There is another person in the office with us but I cannot see them, only a shadow. Then we walk to another location where the 'job' is for me to work on. We go through four other buildings (about the size of monuments) that are also under construction.
All this time, I am worried about the time as I had left my phone in the original location, and I needed to get to the gym by 7:30AM for my appointment. It was nearly 7AM at that time. By the time we reached the 4th building, I'm totally lost as I am directionally challenged. But I speak up and tell them I must go get my phone and call my trainer that I could not make it to the gym and cancel my appointment. I was wandering through the buildings, trying to find my way out, knowing I had 3 other buildings to get through before I could get to the original building.... my watch buzzes. I think it is the alarm and I didn't even look but shut it off.
After all, it's Friday after Thanksgiving and I don't have to get up, right? But my watch buzzes again and I finally look at it. 4:04AM. Why was it buzzing if it wasn't the alarm? No, it wasn't a call. I could see there is a message on my phone and even in my difficulty to read it without glasses, I finally figured out - for the first time ever - my watch was telling me it was down to 10% battery. I went ahead and got up so that I could plug my watch in.
No, I haven't figured out the dream - and isn't it weird my watch would tell me it's down to 10% battery? The only reason I can think of the battery ran down (as I charge it every morning) is that I took a walk yesterday morning - aka Turkey Trot - and used my watch to track. It doesn't take long to recharge but it did get me up out of bed at my usual time. Which is ok. I DO have a 7:30AM gym appointment, which I do intend to keep..... somehow I'll find my way through all those buildings. Really weird dream, huh?!
Yesterday was a good day. I baked the turkey, dressing and giblet gravy, and baked a pumpkin pie and made a key lime pie to take to my daughter's. Lunch was delicious with the yams and green bean casserole, ham, deviled eggs, and rolls. Oh - and cranberry salad - which was really good. I think that was it. I was good - ate a bit of everything - even a bite of chocolate brownie cheesecake and key lime pie. Maybe a couple pieces of chocolate covered cherries that were so good. It was a nice day and we headed back home around 5PM, I think. No, I did not bring any leftovers home, and cleaned the dishes up when I got home and then we sat quietly until going to bed. Hubby was on his phone going through this stuff and I crochet'd as I knew I couldn't' read and stay awake. It was a good day.
Was able to discuss Christmas time and food for that part of the family They will come over Christmas Eve at noon and I'll fix 3-4 different kinds of soup and a couple salads. I need to talk with my oldest son and see about food, but I have another question. Since Christmas Eve is on Sunday. And Christmas is on Monday. He and his family usually come over on Christmas Day for dinner and we open gifts together. But I got to thinking about the boys working nights and the granddaughter and her family coming up to celebrate with them and us too. I just erased all my ramblings... it may be easier to just talk with him and let him discuss with his family.
I also need to check with the youngest son as I don't know his schedule with his kids, grandkids and stepson. Life is complicated sometimes.
Hubby has his Bible study this morning and I have my 7:30AM gym appointment... feels good not having to jump on the work computer. I'd be bored out of my mind if I didn't have my job, I think. Hubby already clings to me and if I was not working, it would be worse. Even cooking yesterday, knowing I don't want him in the kitchen, he was coming in with 'what can I do to help?' I appreciate the offer, but get out of MY kitchen (to which he informs me it is OUR kitchen!). Yet, I can't remember the last time he offered to cook a meal for us.
Colossians 2:6-7 (NKJV): "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving."
This verse actually is two parts. People come to faith with empty hands and nothing to offer, but at the foot of the cross, they receive Jesus Christ our Lord and that motivates them to live life as Christ did. We abound with thanksgiving as the results of living a Christ-centered life. Counting blessings is the greatest mathematics exercise in the universe; it helps Christians understand that the sum total of every good and perfect gift comes from above. A thankful heart adds clarity to the believer's life... it will never confuse them.
So have you paused your life long enough to count your blessings lately? Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have food to eat? Are you and your family healthy? Things that we take for granted - these are things we can be thankful for. You may think you did it all by yourself, but you didn't. It is by the grace of God. He loves you, even if you choose not to follow Him, He still loves you, and yearns to have you turn back to Him. We celebrate the birth of Jesus in a little more than a month... wouldn't it be a good time to reflect on how good God has been to you, and turn your heart back to Him. What a celebration that would be in heaven (and on earth!).
Blessings!
2 comments:
I'll reach out to my boys about work schedules regarding Christmas, but it may take a week or two - there schedules are usually only 3 weeks at a time, I believe. We talked tentatively about it yesterday, with the Daughter and Oldest Son not saying anything about work being an issue. But will check either way...
Also what you want for a meal please
Post a Comment