Saturday, November 18, 2023

The rain in tumbling down...

 In fact, I think it just started a few minutes ago - and my first thought, because it sounds like a good steady rain, is that the cushions are on the chairs outside.  Oops.  Nope, not going to run out in my jammies and grab them off the chairs.  They can just get wet - and dry out when the sun comes out - which may not be for another day or two.  It is what it is.  

Today will be a busy day as I will need to start getting in the shower soon (or go stand out in the rain?  Naw, too cold!) and figure out all the things that were running through my mind as I tried to sleep last night (besides the Hawaii 5-0 that was on the TV before we went to bed.  Sigh).  Today is the Dinosaur Birthday party.  And, because of the rain, it will be indoors instead of outside.  Tables were set up last night but because of the cats, couldn't get them set up.  I took over about 30 teacups, although we didn't need that many, and 10 teapots.  I will be going over early to help set the tables.  And, after I was thinking about it during the night, I need to take sugar for those who use sugar in their tea, and perhaps some honey to set on the tables.  I'm concerned about the sandwiches, since I didn't have a hand in it.  I don't think this person has been to a tea party before.  I'm tempted to make some chicken salad and keep in a bowl and get a loaf of bread to take 'just in case'.  But I cannot.  I do not want them to feel I'm intervening in their area. I'm sure they are well aware of the number of people who RSVP'd....  but I know people and they love to eat.  Tea parties are not known for lots of food.  You get sandwiches (and I didn't hear scones mentioned so don't think they will be there - and they are my favorite!)  and the sandwiches are usually cut into quarters.  I want to help if needed, but I am learning to keep my hands off and let other people do what they want to accomplish - without my intervention.  It's all good.  We'll also have cupcakes. And there will be dinosaurs all around.  And I'll be wearing my dinosaur dress.  With a sweater.

I'm hoping I'm not tired when this is over so that I can get our tree up this afternoon.  It was kind of funny yesterday.... this little birthday princess came over yesterday while grandpa fixed a light that had gone out on the garage.  She walks in and sees the reading nook I had bought for ALL the grandchildren moved to another room.  She didn't like that.  She kept telling me "move back!" and pointing to where it should be.  I explained that the Christmas tree would be there so I couldn't move it back. Didn't make any difference.  It wasn't where it should be.  Then she noticed the 'lene' was missing.  She kept asking "where lene?  Jump!" and I realized she was talking about the little trampoline I have that she likes to jump on when she comes over.  Well, I had moved that to the garage and put the weight bench where it was so that I could put the reading nook where the weight bench was.  That didn't make her happy either. Oma had moved things around and things were not in their right place!  But we made her happy with a chocolate ice cream push up - until she dropped it on the carpet and it went in the trash.  Changes are hard!

Sounds like the rain has stopped already.  That lasted all of 7 minutes, perhaps.  At least I don't hear it, but I do hear thunder. It could still be raining quietly, but more than likely, it has moved on.

Tomorrow, I start the speaking at the RV park.  I have the message typed out and have gone over it once, so tonight I will need to focus on it and get it down.  I'm more concerned about an ocular migraine happening (it blocks my vision with the lightning bolts on the sides) or that I will have to wear my glasses while reading it.  Depends on how far away the podium is - first time since I had the cataract surgery that I've spoken.  I'll have my glasses with me, regardless.  

John 17:17 (NKJV):  "Sanctify them by Your truth.  Your word is truth."

God's children participate in His sanctifying activity by resisting the evil one and living out the truth found in the Word.  They are sanctified so that Christ can send them into the world to spread the gospel.  Just because we read the Bible and believe it, doesn't mean that we are 'sanctified'.  We also have to live out what we read and live it.  We share the Word by how we live, the words we say, and by what we do. It's amazing how some people say one thing and live another.  I'm not perfect, so I'm not pointing fingers by any means.  I screw up all the time and have to ask for forgiveness.  But I strive to be whom God has called me to be.  Never give up.  Keep striving.  God's not finished with me, nor with you.

Ah, I hear the light drip of the rain again.  Perhaps it is a soft steady rain, hopefully just soaking in to the ground.  Which means, because it is raining, once I wash my hair, dry it, and put it up - it will quickly go straight.  My hair is sooooo straight.  It just won't hold a curl for very long - and I don't like using a lot of hair spray.  My hairdresser told me to use lots of hair spray to hold it - but I just can't.  I'd have to wash it every day if I did that.  I don't need curls that bad!

Today, Lord, I thank you for the rain.  Even though it messes up the birthday party and it will be crowded inside the house, I'm grateful that the grass and the flowers and the trees are being watered so that they will grow and become beautiful.  My roses have come back to life somewhat since the tough summer they went through. I was beginning to think they were going to die, but new life and new roses have appeared. Thank you for their beauty and their fragrance.  Thank You for the cooler air as well.  I hear the rain falling a bit harder now, I pray for no flooding as we attempt to drive to places we need to go today.  Lord, please take care of each vehicle that is driving to the party; be with each person driving, that they will be safe.  I pray today will be a good day, Lord.  Cover us, guide us, direct us, and always keep us in the palm of your hand.  Amen.

Blessings!


No comments: