Thursday, June 1, 2023

Just a little sleep...

 I could have easily stayed in bed longer this morning, but I had already stayed an hour longer than usual - but I had a reason for it.  Our church is involved in the 'We Pray All Day' initiative (??) or whatever it is called, to pray over Arizona, and various things; i.e., schools, government, etc.  I should have signed up the other day once I heard that June 1st was our church's day to pray.  But, alas, I did not, and the only time open that would work for me was 1-2AM (last month it was 2-3AM).  As soon as I hear I need to jump online and get signed up!  So at 12:50AM I got up this morning to spend my hour in prayer for this city, for my family, etc.  And I really do pray the entire hour!  I went back to bed, hoping I could go back to sleep.  I did go back to sleep, awaking at 3:30AM and telling myself I could sleep at least another half hour - and ended up sleeping until 5AM.  I only woke up then because hubby shut his bathroom door loud enough that it woke me.  I'm sure that was an accident (rolling eyes).  He does like to be keep to schedules and as I got up and made my way in to here, I saw his light was already on, which meant he was up earlier than me to begin his DQT.  And because I wasn't up yet, he was distracted as he has to make my coffee (as if I don't know how) every morning.  He likes to use the Biblical book of He-brews as an example.  Whatever.  I've managed to stay awake and do my quiet time, so I'm good. :-)

I hear the landscapers out already because it's light earlier in the mornings.  That means they will be done earlier and it will be quiet sooner.  I love the quiet of the early morning.  This morning is not one of those as the grass sounds like it is being mowed.  

Work should be very light today as one boss is on PTO, the other is in an all day summit, and the other two don't give me work that often.  When they do, it is time-consuming, but I'm being quiet so hopefully they will be too.  Maybe I can sneak a nap in.

My new lamp came in yesterday for my desk.  The other metal lamp I was using gave off such intense heat it was uncomfortable.  Made my books hot too.  This one is LED and is bright enough, and I can dim it if I need to.  It isn't as heavy nor as awkward (and hot) as the other one was.  Ironically, it is identical to the one a grandson gave me a few years ago - but I didn't have need of it and ended up either giving it to someone.  See, I didn't hoard it in case I might need it sometime.  LOL  Yeah, I tend to do things like that - just like some of you do!  I'm hoping to get out in the garage some time and start going through cabinets again to 'let go' of some things.  Little by little, as I hear people have a need for something and it's not anything I'm using, I'm able to let it go and give to them.  Last week I let go of three items!  Little by little.  I love to give and if I'm not using it, and haven't for some time, I would say that I don't need it.  I know I have several things out in the garage that I don't use anymore.  At my age I'm trying to think ahead and get rid of things that my kids won't have to deal with later.  I just have to be careful... I think I have mentioned it before... hubby doesn't let me 'let go' of my things quite so easy at times.  

Looks like my office got the bank accounts straightened out.  If you recall, last pay period they ended up mailing me a check, which I got about 5 days later.  But, my check hit the bank today so should be back on track.  YAY.  Hubby had to inform me the other day that I get 3 paydays this month.... (so does he as he gets a portion of my payroll checks), but he didn't mention that.  It really isn't 'extra'... it's just paydays fall on every two weeks and it just happens that way this month.  

They say 4 day weeks are the longest, and I believe them.  It's a fairly quiet week with the bosses pretty busy and also one being on vacation.  I'm all caught up on meetings, unless one of the 19 messages I have in my inbox for work are requests for meetings.  I haven't really looked at them.  It's work, and it's not time yet.  But, looking at the clock - very soon now.

My mind is drawing a blank as to a scripture to elaborate on this morning.  Must be because I am still tired from interrupting my sleep to pray in the middle of the night.  I'll fix a protein shake this morning for breakfast and that will get me at least a bit more awake and somewhat alert.  Need to figure out what to fix for dinner tonight.  I did cook a nice meal last night for dinner.... maybe pizza out of the freezer tonight.  I'm tryng to keep from going out - but it is payday and hubby may suggest it.  He does love to eat out.  It just isn't cheap to eat out anymore.  Friends of ours always share a meal, which helps... but we usually don't share; and I'm the only one who brings home leftovers, if that tells you anything.

I'm rambling and need to jump in the shower this mornning and I'm down to about 15 minutes before work time so will close this off.  I'll try to be more alert in the morning.  

Blessings!


No comments: