Sunday, June 11, 2023

We did it ........together....

 Yep.  I fixed a nice breakfast yesterday (eggs, bacon, toast, fresh fruit) and while we were drinking our coffee/juice, hubby suggested WE get the furniture moved to where we wanted it.  Okay..... so I took a deep breath and suggested what I had been thinking; try to move some of the chairs through the house versus walking around the side in the rocks.  Surprisingly, he agreed.  So we moved the furniture in front off to the side and proceeded to carry the chairs from the back (which were extremely light) through the house to the front.  The table he insisted we take around the side.  Then we had to take the chairs from the front to the back around the side because they are metal and a lot heavier than the newer chairs.  Then we carried the table back.  Got the umbrellas situated and set up; even opened the umbrellas up for awhile.  I must say it does look nice.  I didn't take the time to 'pound the dust' out of the cushions that are old, but we flipped them over for now.  I may check in to new cushions eventualy, as they feel kind of rough as well.  But it is a nice set, the table is bigger, and now we even have a glider.  Just need to dust the cushions off some way.  They were always in the house but were never dusted and for the last three years, never sat on, so dust has settled.  And hubby commented at a minimum 3 times yesterday that it felt good for us doing it TOGETHER.  (was that a slam because I wanted to do it by myself?)

Went to bed early last night (around 8PM), and woke up about 4:30AM to get up.  Done my Bible reading, and some other things I want to do, and now here I am.  Oh, I did stop about 5AM and fixed us egg/canadian bacon/muffin sandwiches with fresh fruit.  Now I'm really full for I don't usually eat this early.  Oh well,  Or as much.  But it was good.  I've done my reading, prayng, and now am writing here... and once done, will get my shower done and get ready for church.

Psalm 46:10 (NKJV):  "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

Did you know that God is not done with you yet?  Failure is not your destiny.  He's not done with you yet.  He has so many more plans for you; so much more to your story.  Are you willing to receive what He has planned for you?  He is more than able to help you accomplish all that you desire... He is not done with you yet.  You are not too old; you have not gone too far; you have not lost everything; He is not done with you yet... He is not done with you... There is so much more to your story.... He's not done with you yet.  Can you imagine what the Lord can do with all the faith we have?  He's gonna move; anything is possible.  He is the Waymaker.  Anything is possible.  Who am I to deny what the Lord can do for you?  Are you willing to let Him?  He is more than able.... forgive us for doubting you, Lord.  You are more than able to do anything we can hope or ask for.  Hallelujah!

Your name is written in the palm of His hand.  Your heart belongs to Him.  Know why?  Because I have prayed for you.  I have prayed that God will draw you so close to Him, that you will find your passion for Him once again.  That He will become Lord of your life.  You belong to Him, because I have given you to Him.  What you will allow Him to do in your life - well, it's up to you.  You can reject His blessings and favor... but you still belong to Him.  You are not your own person.  You don't belong to your spouse.  You don't even belong to your parents. You belong to God alone.  He is your Father. He loves you so much more than any one else ever could.

Changing the subject... I did go visit Ms. Diane yetserday and lsitened to her grumble about how unhappy she is in this place.  She is confused.  When I called her and first got there, she said she had rolled over in bed during the night and fell out of bed (why is it that they don't have rails on a bed of a person who is there because they fell out of their bed at home... regardless of the sore they have on their foot, she fell out of her bed!) and laid on the floor for an hour before someone came in to check on her.  Before I left, her story had changed to she had slid out of her wheelchair and had laid there two hours before someone came in to help her.  She is so unhappy there.  But, while I was there, two different nurses came in to check on her and talk with her, asking if she was ok and did she need/want anything. Interesting, huh.  I text'd my daughter-in-law and asked where it was she worked and she responded, and yes, they had a long term care area.  I thought I'd just pass that info on to Ms. Diane's family so that they could call and check prices.  Ms. Diane said her children had been calling around and the lowest price they found was $4K a month.  I told her it was worth it; she has a place to live, 3 meals a day, medical care 24x7 and yet have her own space.   I think it is just hard for her - in her own confusion of her medical conditions - to have to relinquish control of her life and allow others to make those decisions.  She says she has to stay there until June 30th as she has to have IV for 30 days...  yesterday when I arrived she had two blankets on and air in her room was so warm... yet her body felt so cool and she said she was so cold.  I wonder when I get old (no, I'm not there yet) if I will be as cranky as she is.  Will I allow others to make decisions on where I will live and where I will go.... will I be of sound mind enough that I can make my own decisions... I want a 'she shed' - with a bathroom.  That's all I need.  I want my own space. I want a place where I can feel 'free'. Ah... I'm rambling again, aren't I!

So if any of my children/grandchldren read this.... when I can no longer care for myself.... I just want my own space, a bed, a chair, and my Bible.  That's all I need.  Add a room on to your house and make it mine.  I'd be happy. 

"Be still and know that I am God...." I think that is one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  Why?  Because it reminds me to be still .... and listen for His voice.  Yes, I've heard God speak to me before. He's even called my name.  Those are the treasures I hold dear.  I love having the alone time with God... where nothing interferes; nothing distracts.   It's just God and me.

Seek Him.... and you will find Him.  Then be still.... and know that He alone is God.

Blessings!



No comments: