Sunday, January 8, 2023

No, I didn't forget....

 but I did sleep a little latter this morning than I normally do - O My Goodness.... my hubby!  I do ANY-thing and it's 'what are you doing?"  GEEZ!  I barely got the first sentence typed in here and it's 'what are you doing?'  I have to admit, I wasn't COMPLETELY honest in my response.  I said I was typing on my computer. I just didn't say what.  I had been responding to emails (and yes, he had asked then what I was doing)... what is his problem?  Can he breathe without me?  Heaven help my kids if I should die before him!

Anyway.... I slept until 5-ish this morning and then went to do my quiet time - and with church this morning I needed to quit early so that I could allow myself time to get ready.  I looked gorgeous, of course. HAH!  We went to church and one of our friends joined us this morning and then we took her out to lunch for her birthday.  She's a single gal and has no family here, so happy to do it.  She always makes me dig deep for answers; she is deep in the things of God and has two master's degrees... not sure what both are in... but anyway, she is really smart.  Enjoy her company, but I squirm sometimes with her questions.

Our 21 day fast started this morning and we held pretty much to it for lunch.  We both got the vegetable plate so were able to stick with that.  Even avoided the honey butter croissants at Cheddars.  The thing about vegetables... I'm hungry already and it's only been a couple hours!  I did go to the store yesterday and picked up several vegetables so that hubby could survive.  Sigh.  I told him he didn't have to do what I do - but of course he does....

A new Bible study my friend is leading is not far from here and she is wanting me to come.  I'm reluctant because it is on Sunday evenings at 4PM.  I'm totally lazy by that time.  And yet, I do need to get out and meet people and learn more.  She's sharing for discussion the triune of God today - I know that because she gave me a folder with my name on it 'in case I wanted to come'.  LOL I had told her I prefer doing workbooks rather than relying on what I know (which isn't much).  She even gave some 'fill in the blank' sections for my convenience.  Hubby is invited to as it is for couples, but he doesn't want to go.  And I told him that with being in two men's groups, he doesn't have to go.  I'm perfectly fine with going without him - and really, if one thinks about it, it isn't such a bad thing.  I don't go to any Bible studies currently since our last one ended.  We saw that couple this morning and they said they had started a 'home church' in their home on Fridays.... uh, no thanks.  We weren't going back to that group anyway.

We had a great service this morning - but my notes are in the back room.  Maybe some morning this week I will share.  Today I'm just rambling (still, obviously).  Actually, I think I'm going to shut up and take a short nap before hubby watches his ball game - which it is time to start.  I'm so glad I bought him these headphones - he can watch (and sleep) all he wants and I don't hear the TV.  YAY.

My boss text'd me during church this morning - her father passed this morning - which means the next three days she will be off work as they process and work out arrangements.  His service will be back in New Jersey, I think it is, in a couple months.

A nap is on my agenda - hope you have a good day - until tomorrow morning!

Blessings!

No comments: