I made contact with my DIL yesterday and took the book and cookies up to her at 5PM so that when she went home from work, she could pass on to my son. I wanted to send him a text to let him know, but thought I'd let him be 'surprised', although I knew he'd read my blog yesterday and know what I was thinking about - and what he was to get. I hope he enjoys both. I need to jump on Amazon some time soon and order another copy of the book. I gave our last copy to the neighbor across the street to read... and now I don't have one for my boss' birthday as planned. Will try to get that done today so that I can work on pulling her gift together. We meet up the 28th for breakfast - and then she is having foot surgery so will be off for a week or so - plans to do a lot of reading.
Yesterday was a very busy day. I never got the equipment ordered so need to do that first thing this morning. I had meetings, expenses, and a lot of things to do yesterday. It was one of those days that left you feeling exhausted at the end of it. I slept fairly well, but did awake a few times during the night.
We received a 'save the date' card in the mail yesterday from hubby's nephew.... April 29th, 2023. And they expect us to attend. I officiated his brother's wedding last October so was there for his - and this nephew wants us there for his too. Wasn't really on the agenda that soon to return to that area, but at least it wasn't this year. I'm thinking it through right now and not making any family commitments as to where we will stay. I'm thinking we will have 'rights' as hubby is the grandfather's only brother and we can stay with them... but the grandmother also has siblings so not sure how that is going to work out. Plus the fact I have family there. I'm thinking we may even stay at a hotel and avoid all the controversy of family. I do want to see my family. I just don't want to go through what I have with my sister since I was there in June. I want to see them all, don't get me wrong. I will have to spend some time with my sister. My big brother wants me to stay with him always, and often invites us to come stay. No pressure, no comments, just love and respect. My little brother loves me and loves to see me, but has never invited us to stay there, and because they smoke, probably won't. And that's ok. I still love him, and I still want to see him. Plus I go to bed early and am up early - and he is just the opposite. Whatever is decided, we will spend some time with him. I'm not wanting to use a lot of my vacation days for this trip as in July we will have my grandson's wedding in California and will be going there - and I want to take some time to just chill while we are there and enjoy ourselves. So much can happen between now and then - I'm just not going to worry about it. Don't have to make a commitment one way or the other right now - the invites don't even go out until January. Let me get through the holidays!
Today will be a busy day too, but I don't have running around to appointments. Once I get the equipment ordered then I can focus on the rest. Still need to do the minutes; not procrastinating - I'd rather do minutes than order equipment! But I must do both at some point. Some days I think work is the only thing that keeps me sane - so why do I want to retire? Besides hubby being adamant that I do not retire, now is not the time.... some day I will get to. But, it is in God's timing, I guess.
I Peter 3:8-9 (NIV): "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."
I always love finding a 'Therefore' or a 'so that' when I read the Bible. Therefore always tells us what that scripture is 'there for'. It specifies its existence. It's there because..... Then there is the 'so that'. I love when I read those words because it shows that if you do this, it's 'so that' you will receive this. The above scripture only has a 'so that' in it - but look at it again.
"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."
Be like minded. Be sympathetic. Love one another. Be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil or insult with insult. INSTEAD, repay evil with blessing. Why? SO THAT you may inherit a blessing.
That makes it all worth it, doesn't it? We may receive harsh words from someone, we may receive insult after insult that just crushes our spirit. (That's happened a few times to me, as you know) BUT, when we don't respond in kind, but in KINDNESS, we receive a blessing instead of the continuous onslaught of words or actions that are cruel and mean. It isn't always easy, trust me! When my sister would unleash her words on me, you know how I felt. I've shared way too much with you. But I never spoke hateful to her, although she claims I did. It's just she did not, and does not, want to hear the truth. I choose to let God repay how He wants to repay. In spite of what she has said and done to me, I love her. I'm just not eager to hang out with her because I know every time I do - even when we get along, she will bring up the past and, well, I just don't want to go there. I've dealt with it, I've prayed over it, I've let it go. Hakuna Matata (did I spell it right?) Don't worry! Let it go! Life is too short to hang on to things that hurt and crush people when they are relived or rehashed. I choose joy in my life and refuse to allow hate to dwell within me. I may choose to not be close to someone, and that's ok. I want the 'so that' I may inherit a blessing. And God's blessings are always the best.
I finally got the death certificate of my father's Saturday. I'm not sure what all the words mean - but the majority apply to his diabetes. I need to update my medical history and send that to my children. At some point they may need to share their medical history - although I don't know they'd need to go back that far - to the great-greats - but I find it interesting to know what the medical history of my generations before had.
I feel like I'm 'all over the place' this morning. I have a little bit of time to do some reading before starting work - think I'll 'dive in' to that and hush up. Hope your day is full of the blessings of God and that you will feel His Presence and know He is.
Blessings!
2 comments:
Thanks for the book... and the cookies!
You are welcome - hope you enjoy the book....and the cookies. :-) LY.
Post a Comment