Saturday, July 23, 2022

Yesterday's title was somewhat off...

 Yesterday I put the title of the 'tongue' and for some reason, instead of talking mainly about the tongue and how it gets us into trouble.... I went off about the temptations - of ice cream, no less!  Obviously I had ice cream on my mind yesterday (temptation?) when I read it.  And, yes, I did dump nearly a full half gallon of ice cream down the garbage disposal after I got up.  Hubby was gone so he couldn't question what I was doing.  

Today is going to be somewhat busy.  Our neighbor, Ms Amy, called us about 10PM last night and was having some medical issues so we ran over to see what was going on.  We ended up calling 911 and they came and took her to the hospital.  I have one telephone number for a daughter, but wasn't getting an answer.  All three of her children live out of state.  I locked up the house and we came back home.  I sent a text to the number I have for the one daughter.  No response.  Expected no answer really - it was 1AM where she lives.  This morning I sent another text 'is this the right number'?  And got a yes response so I asked if I could call and got another yes.

FINALLY.  I talked with the daughter and she had seen my message and had called her mother and said she was still in the ER!  The hospital has no beds.  I'm going over to Ms. Amy's house this morning and get her phone cord and a black knit hat cause it is so cold in the hospital.  Will run them down to her and then will decide if I'm going to meet some friends for lunch or come back home.  I was thinking of bailing on lunch, but may be able to still meet.  Her daughter is flying out on Monday so will be here to take care of her mother.

Which means I need to get up and get moving this morning.  My mind is on Ms. Amy and getting things for her; getting to the hospital to drop them off (thank goodness it is less than 5 miles away); and going to lunch.  But a quick shower and getting dressed is the first priority.  

Although Ms. Amy isn't disabled, I often think of Bonnie, who had lived next door to us at our former house.  I don't visit with Ms. Amy much, but I guess I need to do it more often.   It'shard to find time when I'm in a rut of working, fixing dinner, then sitting down and crocheting, then a hour or so later going to bed.  But, I need to put Ms. Amy ahead of that some evenings and go over and visit.  After all, I'm not on the road for an hour driving home from work, I'm right here.  I've become a hermit; a shut-in of my own making.  I need to make a point of visiting Ms. Amy when she is well, not just when she is sick.  Maybe that's why I'm next door.  After all, we live in a community of 'old folks'... perhaps I am to be checking on those close to us more.  Something to think about.

So - today I guess I don't have any profound (as if I ever do) thoughts to share as I am thinking about the things I need to get done this morning.  So with that, and an empty coffee cup, I think I will hush and get going on my day.

Have a blessed day!



No comments: