Wednesday, May 11, 2022

When thoughts come in the middle of the night....

 and then the thought is there. It won't go away.  It keeps you awake just enough that you ponder it over and over and sleep eludes you for awhile.  Sigh. That's what happened to me last night.  Of course with hubby flip flopping in the middle of the night didn't help in trying to go back to sleep.  So... wanna know what woke me?

No, it wasn't the Holy Spirit nudging me about something.  I KNOW that awakening!  He usually does that when I've done something wrong and need to confess or rectify something.  So what was it?

My middle child came over for a little while yesterday afternoon and brought me a really cool t-shirt - 'Top Mom' - for my Mother's Day present, and a very special card.  I love it.  He didn't want to sit down cause he didn't plan to stay... and then he mentioned his new car so we went outside to look at it.  I know - a car is a car is a car - not a big deal, but I wanted to see it.  So then we stood outside for several minutes chatting.  When he said he had to leave, I knew I needed to get back to work..... and what woke me up was.... I didn't remember giving him a hug goodbye.

Now to some people it would be no big deal.  To my son, he probably didn't even think about it.  I didn't at the time; I guess cause we don't see many people anymore ....  but it sure woke me up last night.  I kept replaying it in my mind... did I hug him and I just don't remember?  But I don't think so.  And it made me sad.  Hugging is important to me.  It is my way of saying 'I love you'.  And I do love him.  I'm not going to make excuses... I just don't remember. 

I stayed home alone last night while hubby went to meet up with his friends.  Instead of doing something productive, like exercise, I got caught up in one of my dear friends' books.  It's a novella and it was interesting enough that I sat and read and finished it last night.  Then I watched a movie.  And then hubby was back home.  Kinda grumpy but when he is that way, I don't ask too many questions.  It just sounded like he was irritated about something.  Luckily I go to bed fairly early so didn't have to deal with it much.

Yesterday was another busy day at work and today will probably be as well.  I still need to find a new time for that board meeting that was cancelled.  Finding an hour and a half will be difficult, but it must be done.  Just another meeting to be scheduled on another day.

It was really weird yesterday afternoon when I 'quit work'.  Hubby had been watching TV all afternoon (and I'm sure sleeping some as well as he seems to be sleeping more and more).... stopped with my son stopped by, then went back to watching the movie while I worked.  When I walked into the front room he removes his headset (best purchase ever) and says, "I'm sorry.  I'm sitting here waching movies and you are back there working."  Not the first time he has said that, but it's been awhile.  I guess he felt guilty he gets to 'play' and I have to work.  Not that it would change anything.  I just shrugged and walked away.  It's one of those "It is what it is" statements.  What else is he going to do?  I may have commented that, for it seems like he responded that there are things he could be doing.  I wonder what that could be.  He does the laundry, but other than that, I can't think of anything else he does.  Oh well.  

Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)  "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

That is your scripture for today.  And most days I think we all ARE kind to each other.  But there are those days... and you know that I have them!  And I am sure you do as well.  But this is a verse that we need to keep in mind.  Just as God in Christ has forgiven us our wrongs, we also ought to forgive others just as quickly as we want to be forgiven.  I want to be a quick forgiver, cause I want to be forgiven quickly too.

Did you know that when you worship, that it can change the entire atmosphere in the room?  I'll have to make a note and share more about that tomorrow.  A topic to discuss!  An agenda item!  

I gotta jump in the shower.  Things to do, meetings to schedule, meetings to attend.

Blessings!


2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

We hugged. I remember.

Rev Mom said...

YAY! thanks for clearing my conscience! ((HUGS))