Ever have one of those days when it feels like all you did was eat? Yep - that was me yesterday. And it was all so good. And actually, I never felt 'stuffed', but comfortable. Possibly because of what and how much of it I did eat. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (not the sugary kind, but raisin bran made with whole wheat.
Then out to lunch we went to meet our friends and we had two hours of just talking together. Enjoyed a really good salad - so big that I couldn't eat it all. It is fun to be out with another Christian couple who reads the kind of books I do and I could share and they could share - and it was all good. Yes, hubby had opportunity to insert what he was reading and doing as well.
Home afterwards for a short while and we got invited out for 'Mother's Day dinner' with one of my children so we met up with them. It was another great meal - I had filet of mignon and shrimp! So very good - and again, I didn't feel stuffed after eating. THAT is a great feeling, for I enjoyed my food and ate the majority of it. Needless to say, I definitely went over on the calories yesterday! But that's ok. In contrast, today will be a quiet day.
I went to bed last night with a headache bad enough that I took something for it. I'm feeling 'meh' this morning so am not sure if we will physically go to church or not - but I do have another 90 minutes to get past this and make a decision. I'm feeling like I want to stay home and watch worship on TV, and hubby will pretty much leave it up to me. I'm wanting to get out and fellowship with others, but I am feeling so tired this morning.
I have come to believe that our weekend away up north in the room that was overwhelmingly full of industrial cleaner odors has messed me up bad. And some for hubby too. I've constantly had sinus issues since then and breathing/coughing issues. Hubby coughs a lot more than he used to as well. I'm more aware of it, I think, after discussing it with my neighbor the other day and she shared her experience of working as a social worker in a building that had 'black mold'. She still has medical issues from that. When I told her of my experience and how sick I was then, and what I am still dealing with, she concurred that my medical issues are a result of breathing all those fumes, as is hubby's. So I'm really doubling up on my vitamin C and olive leaf extract. I'm exhausted all the time and need to regain some strength. (and no, did not get on the treadmill yesterday; hopefully I will today). I don't have a doctor's appointment until August so unless my sinus issues get worse, I'll wait until then to share this situation.
One of the books I have started to reread is 'In the Pursuit of His Glory' by Gerald Fry. This book is a real wake-up call for those who desire a fresh hunger to know God. And that is what I am seeking; a fresh hunger to know God and who He is. There is so much about God that we do not know. But there are also so many things that we do know... and many things that I personally have experienced. And many other things that I have experienced, and yet not recognized they are of Him.
Sit back for a moment and think about it. Can you not see how God has blessed you, not only with material things, but with His protection, His love? Has He not been your Friend when you felt so alone? Has He not brought comfort to your soul when you felt you needed no one, and yet, you did? Do you not hear Him whisper your name when you are silent and still? Can you not remember feeling His Holy Presence when you just needed to be alone? Our God, our precious Heavenly Father, is always near, waiting on us to give Him our worship. Our praise. Only He deserves it.
I am reminded of a song by Chris Tomlin that I really like - 'He Is'. "Is He Worthy? Is He Worthy? Of all blessing and honor, is He worthy? He Is". There is no one who deserves all glory, all honor, all praise - other than our Lord Jesus Christ. He alone is Worthy to open the scroll in Revelations. Only He is the Lamb of God. Doesn't that make you awestuck, to think that you (can) know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and He alone is worthy of all glory and honor and praise?
Worship Him. He is Worthy of it all.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment