Monday, May 9, 2022

A quiet day ... and it was ok.

 Hubby came in yesterday morning, interrupting me in my reading, and said that he was feeling we needed to stay home ... but it was up to me.  Since I wasn't feeling that well, I agreed we could stay home (again).  I confess, some Sundays it is hard to clean up to go to church when we are so used to relaxing and watching it on the computer or on TV.  We ended up watching Jentezen Franklin on YouTube early afternoon.  It was a great message - not by Jentezen Franklin, but by a Charlotte Gambil.  She had spoke at the Divine Conference the church had last weekend and she spoke on Sunday.  It was a powerful message and I'm glad we went ahead and watched it, although the first thought was not to.  Hubby fell asleep in the middle of it, but I thought it was a powerful message.  I would watch it again.

Today I am back to work... and I have resisted even checking emails while I have been off.  I don't even want to sign on today, but I must.  AND, I have a dreaded board meeting this afternoon in which I must take minutes.  That is the part of this job I really do not like.  And it really isn't a big deal... but I am always 'afraid' I will forget to capture something the others want included.  And the fact that taking minutes have changed so much over the years.  Now it is by 2-3 bullet points per agenda item.  How do I know I capture what they want?  Oh well, by the grace of God I will get through it.  Just part of the job.

I received several texts yesterday for Mother's Day from children and grandchildren.  I did receive a call from my daughter as well to come over for lunch and watch a movie, but I declined.  It's her day too, so why should I make her wait on me?  The last two years she did cook lunch for Mother's Day but I opted for us to stay home.  Hubby pushed to take me out for one of the meals... but I declined that too.  I am ok that we stayed home.  We sat outside after breakfast and enjoyed the cooler - and very windy - weather.  He watched the basketball game - with his headset - and I read some.  We even were able to go back outside and sit for an hour or so later in the day after the sun got off the courtyard.  Very windy still, but cool enough to set out.  It was a very quiet day.  Hubby and I ended the day with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches I cooked in my air fryer.  Read some more; watched a movie (while hubby slept), and then to bed we went.  An uneventful day and a restful one.  And I was wide awake when we went to bed... go figure... I have to work today.  

I haven't talked with my little sister for over a week now... she and her hubby both came down with pneumonia last week.  We did text yesterday and agreed to talk tonight.  I did ask her how the study was coming along and she just said she was behind, but promised to get caught up soon.  I'm leaving it alone, and continuing to work on it at my pace.  If she thought she didn't like lesson one 'making it personal, she will like lesson 2 'making it personal' even less.  Why? Because it idenitifes things that are 'proud' issues.  I am more guilty of pride and I ever thought I was.  I'm not BAD about pride... but I do have some pride issues.   This week's lesson is on 'Honesty.  Silence is not always golden.'   

I think most of us believe that we are always honest about everything... or perhaps most things.  If we don't comment or correct at all, does that mean we aren't being honest? Could be.   Sometimes being honest is difficult.  Hence the question that always has men squirming and others laughing ..."Does this dress make my butt look fat?"   Obviously I NEVER ask that question!  But if I did.... I think hubby is totally blind caruse I can commit (without asking the question) that I look fat in something, and he will always respond "You look great, you always look great, it doesn't matter what you wear."  Either he is afraid to tell me the truth (yes, there are some things he has admitted he was afraid to tell me the truth) or he is blind.

But we should always be honest, regardless of what question we are asked.  Sometimes we don't have to be brutal with our answers, and may have to sugar-coat what we say to some people, but we must always be honest.  To be honest is to also be true to ourselves.  Why have guilt hanging over your head because you didn't tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?  It is still a 'lie' if you don't tell the entire truth.  Just as it is stealing if you copy something that is copyrighted.  I really hadn't thought about that before until a pastor spoke on it many, many years ago.  'Back in my day', it was cassettes.  Or VCR videos.  People were always copying lessons out of books or favorite cassettes or videos to share with friends.  And each one was copywritten 'do not copy without the expressed written consent of....'.  I think many of us were guilty of that.  We didn't really think anything of it.  Or at least I didn't.  Until I heard that message.  And once you know, you can't get around it.   Sometimes it is easier to just buy a second copy of something if you want to share it; then there is no guilt.

Memory verse this week:  "Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy."  (Proverbs 28:13)

Perhaps we all need to sit back and think about the past few days.... (or even further)... are there things that we ignored or did not confess that we should have?   When you are asked a question, are you honest (we women frequently just answer "I'm fine") or do we share enough to tell the truth (I'm not fine, but am working on it.).   I usually answer people (whom I do not know and they are being polite), "I'm well, thank you.".  And that is the truth, as a rule.  I may not be 'fine', but I am 'well'. :-)

So, how are YOU doing today?  Me?  To be honest, truly honest, I'm doing well, but I have some things on my mind and heart that are troubling me.  Trusting God to break through the heaviness and show me the way wherein I should go.

Are you trusting God for something today?  You can, you know.  Just tell Him what the issue is, and take your hands off - 'Let go and Let God' is the saying.  That's what I plan to do.

Blessigns!




No comments: