Monday, March 21, 2022

ugh - Timecard day - new system

 This is the day that I really have not been looking forward to - it is timecard approval day - and we are now on the new system.  Well, we have been on the new system now for two weeks, but this is the first that I actually HAVE to do something.  Well, that's not exactly true either.  Last week one of the directors I will be approving for told me that one of her people's schedule was incorrect in the system.  This one works 4 ten-hour days - not the usual 5 eight-hour days.  I finally contacted the HR support - and they actually walked me through it - and I got it fixed.  I'll never remember how to do it again - it is such a rare thing to permanently change a schedule - but they also sent me instructions.  I passed them on to this director.  Today all I need to do is go in and approve the timecards.  Praying I can figure that out easily enough.

Our last time at the RV park was yesterday and our season is now over.  People are starting to head back home to the colder lands.  Wisconsin, Wyoming, Iowa, Idaho.... where it gets really, really cold.  Oh, and Minnesota and Michigan.  How could I forget those!  The messsage went well and God was with me to get it done.  I love these people; they have just drawn us into their 'family' and make us feel welcome.  I got several "I'm so glad you ae speaking today and I can hear you again before I leave." statements.  That was sweet.  In fact, there are a couple of the 'winter visitors' that we go to dinner with occasionally.  Working to get a dinner on the calendar yet this next month as they won't be heading back to where they are from until May.  Then another couple we know stays in the park year-round.  They are motorcycle people - LOL - so they take off and do road trips frequently.  This is just a base for them, I think.  Anyway, we were chatting yesterday about going out to dinner.  

We did, of course, go out to brunch (cause we are done by 10AM) after.  Hubby wanted breakfast.  So we ate and then came home.  I was curious if he would hold to leaving the TV off today.  We sat down to read - and he fell asleep for about an hour or more.  I read some then took a 20 minute nap.  We did spend the afternoon reading, and hubby watched the news and turned the TV off.  Spent the rest of the evening reading and it was refreshing not to have all that noise.  I wasn't hungry and neither was he - at least he wasn't enough to heat up the leaftover food from Saturday.  I guess cause I didn't jump up to fix it for him he didn't want it.  Oh well - he can have it for lunch today.  I don't cook lunch during a work week but will heat it up for him so that it doesn't go to waste.

My elevated garden bed arrived late Saturday afternoon.  We put it together - which was very simple, no tools required.  I still need to go pick up the soil and put in it.  A batch of seeds I ordered arrived yesterday as well, so once I get the soil, it's ready.  I haven't opened this packet of seeds; I'm curious about them.  It's in a foil pack (just one) and according to the label, it has about 12-15 seeds in it from tomatos to eggplant (yuck).  Obviously, the garden bed is not THAT big to hold all those so may be picking and choosing what I put in there.  But it will be fun and therapeutic, if hubby will leave me alone with it.  Sigh.  He always takes over what I want to do....to the point I end up walking away and leaving it to him.  And he will lose interest if I'm not showing interest.  It's a lose-lose situation sometimes.  I don't know why I always set myself up in these situations.  But, I will enjoy it while I can. He hasn't offered to pick up the soil, so guess I'll take time at lunch today and go get it. 

I am grateful that God loves me so much that He takes such good care of me.  He listens to me gripe and complain and helps me to see that sometimes, it is just me.  Imagine that.  We haven't been put on this earth for us to get our own way all the time.  We were put here to worship our Heavenly Father.  It isn't about us at all.  And I often have to be reminded of this verse in Philippians 2:14:

Philippians 2:14 (NIV)  Do everything without grumbling or arguing.

Yep.  That's what it says.  Do EVERYthing withOUT grumbling or arguing.  Sigh.  Some days I feel like I do that a lot.  Thankfully, usually God only hears me and when I confess my frustration and all, He helps me get through it.  But sometimes my grumbling and arguing gets vocalized... and then the REAL arguments start.   You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't you?!  

Someone wants to do something that you don't agree with - and it doesn't even have to be important - and you find yourself grumbling.  Ok, maybe it is just me.  I grumble a lot in my mind.  I know better than to verbalize a lot of my grumbling - unless I want to pick a fight - which I usually don't.  And I always lose so why start it.  I refuse to 'fight' - I shut up and walk away until I can deal with it reasonably. 

Do everything without grumbling or arguing.  Lets try a challenge for today.  I know already I am going to have to work at it, if I want to plant my garden.  So this challenge is for me as well.  Let's do one day of no grumbling, no arguing, no complaing, but instead, choose positivity, choose encouragement, choose to be a person of integrity and hope today.  Ready?  You are on!

Have a blessed day!


No comments: