I went to bed early last night; around 8:30PM I think. Hubby said he stayed up and read until after 10PM. I was tired, physically and mentally, although I really hadn't done anything for two days. Seriously. I tend to back off doing anything Saturday and Sunday just cause I don't want to do anything. All week long I have to sit at the card table, trying to get office work done. It's a lot of mental work, trying to schedule meetings and type minutes and things like that. Plus it really isn't something I enjoy a lot. I mean, it's ok, and it's a job and pays the bills, but I would love to have more freedom in doing what I enjoy doing. What that is, I have no idea. My life was taken from me a long time ago so I don't have a clue what I would want to do.
Baking cookies and crocheting come to mind. Playing with grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Those are things that bring me joy.
Nevertheless, today is Monday and it's back to work stuff. I get online this morning to about 17 emails - and most were from my 'big' boss - giving me things to do, meetings to schedule, etc. My head hurts. I want to run away and be by myself. I just need space. 24x7 at home is driving me crazy. I rarely get out, and most often when I do, hubby has to take me.
But I do have something to look forward to. This Friday I am officially on PTO until Tuesday morning. YEP! My daughter, granddaughter, and I are heading north for 4 days and 3 nights. Jailbreak Getaway 2020. Most of the time we will stay in the hotel room and crochet or knit, and enjoy it. Our room, a queen suite, has a balcony. Price right now isn't bad at all. $140/night and we each pay for a night. We don't eat out that much and in fact can't eat out that much right now. But we will have snacks to munch on and there is a 'restaurant' in the hotel. Unfortunately I don't think our breakfasts are provided like other hotels, but that's ok. It's going to be good to just getaway.
UGH. Hubby is making phone calls this morning to get prices for alarm systems and I'm not sure what else. I understand it needs to be done, but can he not just wait until we move? It's a real distraction for even with shutting one of the doors he is loud and he has his phone on speaker.
My daughter-in-law posted a photo the other day of a rope that is attached together with about one string. I'm not aware of what they are going through, but I do know my rope is taunt and ready to snap. In fact, hubby and I had a couple tiffs yesterday morning. It's all about his control. For some reason he thinks I am here for him to control. I have to set up the computer for the church services when he decides I need to do so. (I got up and left on one and finished watching in my room. Ok, total honesty, I fell asleep in my chair while I was watching the service. Woke up before he came into the room) He drains me.
With this talking going on in the other room I can barely think so guess I will hush. I need to get back to work and get things done. Lots to do this week before I leave. And I can't wait.
I miss going to church - although yesterday I wasn't in a good mood with things happening here. On those days some would say I need to go to church, and that's probably true. But when I'm in a bad mood, your best bet is leaving me alone to process and work it out myself.
It's Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment