Thursday, June 25, 2020

It's been a day already!

What is wrong with this day? One of my bosses wanted this big two hour meeting.... and told me who she wanted in it... and included the executive assistants/admins involved. No problem. I started sending emails and giving suggestions of time and dates and waited for their responses. I moved meetings, I did everything I could to get everyone requested.

Then after I schedule the meeting, I sent a note to my boss on when it was scheduled and that everyone (and listed the names) of who would be attending. Then she says that one of the people didn't need to attend. I thought I misread it so I sent her another email. She again sent it back with this person did NOT need to attend. So I went back to the original email. She was right. I saw the Executive Assistant's name - but it was for the other person she supported - not both of them. Geez. So we got to clear his calendar off, which is a good thing. LOL A couple other admins just sent me an IM about THEIR days! It has definitely been a day for several people! It looks cloudy out some - I wonder if that is it?!

I still have minutes I need to type and I haven't even been able to pull them up to get started on them. It's 1:31 already. Yes, I could be typing those instead of this, but I do get a break once in a while. Hubby was bugging me about lunch - so we had leftover meatloaf so I fixed myself a meatloaf sandwich - and was it ever good! Now to try and get through the afternoon.

Then the evening comes and I have to clean out from under the beds so that we can have things ready to be moved this weekend. I actually don't have to rush to do it for I don't think they are going to move anything until Sunday afternoon. But stlil, I have so much to get done. Hubby only works on his things; he doesn't know what to do with anything else. If it wasn't for my daughter doing all the packing last month we still would have the entire house to pack up. I've already gotten several boxes setting around to be taken over. I hope they take the furniture first. I'm leaving it for my son-in-law to coordinate. Hubby doesn't know where to even begin as I don't think he has ever handled the moving. Oh well, it will get done. At least he is contacting the vendors we use for the house and 'cutting them off' and letting them know our new address. I need to get started on the bank and other things to get those done. I need to make myself a list too.

Got to go see our graduated grandson last evening and that was pretty cool. His dad volunteered him to help us move this weekend if he is available. Pretty cool. I love having the grandchildren around and even if they can move boxes into the garage that is a help. I just need to let my son-in-law know so that he can let me know when they will be needed. No sense in making them stand around. I will have to put the majority of things away.

I just wish I could figure out what to do with the furniture. sigh. The beds and things are fairly easy. It's the little room that I am allowed to have that I can't figure out. I need to put a work desk there - and get my computer set up for work. I don't want to be in the 2nd bedroom cause I don't know how long I will be working from home - and if we get someone to visit, I'd have to move it out anyway. I'm so undecided.

My youngest will be heading back to Indiana on Tuesday, but he said he could help on Sunday and Monday. I tried to word it when I asked, if it could be just he and my granddaughter to help..... she can unpack my dishes. But, they leave early Tuesday morning so will see. I may get them Monday which would be nice.

Guess break is over and I need to get back to work.

What's God doing in your life?



No comments: