We are in a crisis here. The coronavirus is at its peak this week adn next - actually, I think they gave the dates 4/11 and 4/18 as the two critical dates to tell whether or not this is going to go 'away'. I am believing - and praying - that God will intervene and halt this virus. That He will heal those who have received it. It has been a brutal and quick-spreading thing. I can't remember who now, but someone told me yesterday that they had a friend who got it, and four days later was dead.
That isn't even enough time to even put your affairs in order. Were they ready? Were they prepared?
As a woman, my thoughts range from: I don't want anyone going through my things! I need to clean out.... I need to wash this.... I need to jsut get rid of.... why am I hanging on to ... my kids won't want this, I should get rid of it now.... all these thoughts go through my mind.
I know I have things no one wants - so why am I hanging on to them? (I did actually go through a clothes closet this month and have a bag of clothes ready to go to Savers) I have so much STUFF. And of course when I got it, I jsut 'had to have it'. I've been trying to get the mindset that if I haven't used it in six months, and do not know when I will ever use it (not that I MAY use it sometime or someone MAY need it), I need to let it go.
I haven't been allowed to have yard sales, but since we are seriously thinking about moving within the next few months, I really need not only to clear out things, but need to let go of what I hang on to.
None of it is really important to anyone but me. And if I am not here, what difference does it make? I have a picture in my mind of my children rolling the goodwill truck up to the door and hauling everything out. That's what we used to tell my mother. I think I inherited my tendency to hang on to things from her.
So with that being said, if you are reading this, and know me, is there anything that I have that you would want?
I still need to go through my dolls, and I will soon, and distribute them among my granddaughters and great granddaughters. Three are already designated, I just haven't passed them off. I need to set them out, take photos, and ask who wants what, perhaps. But if I do that, then what if they all want the same ones? No, I guess I better just contact each one separately. Those are MINE and not OURS, so I can do that. :)
All of this makes me think about if I should contract the coronavirus, am I ready? Am I ready to meet my God? Right at this moment, in spite of all the chaos in my household, I would say yes, I am ready. I have no fear of dying. My life has not been perfect, and I have made a lot of mistakes, and I have done a lot of stupid things, and I have rebelled at a lot of things. But when I go to my Heavenly Father and ask His forgiveness, His Grace covers it all.
I recently read a book called The Choice by Brenda Poulos. Will's last testimony, I think it subtitles. This book was not what I expected at all - right down to the last page. Ironically, it was based here in Arizona. Another book I read recently - totally different - and I could not put it down until I finished it - Vessels of Fire and Glory by Mario Murillo. It was very good. Of course I like Lance Wallnau too, who wrote The Chaos Candidate, talkign about President Trump. And he wrote it before the election! I do have that book if anyone wants to read it.
I know I have rambled this morning, but my thoughts are all over the place. I pulled out material while I was typing this and want to create a mask for my daughter-in-law. If I can make one, then perhaps I can figure out how to make others. I want to help. I just don't know how.
So - through all of this, have you thought about what would happen if you contracted the virus? Have you thought about what effect it would have on your family? Your children? Your spouse? Have you cleaned your personal house so that you know where you would end up? I don't mean your house you live in, but your mind, soul, spirit body.
Are you ready..... to leave everything .... those who love you.... to go to the One who loves you more?
I John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
It doesn't mean you have to be perfect. God knows we will still make mistakes and do the things that we like to do.
But when we come to Him and ask His thinking on it. Seek His will. He will show us. He will put it in our spirit if we are to do - r not do - those things. Some of what we have been told as we were growing up was wrong and was actually 'wrong-thinking'.
It's not about us. It is about HIM.
oThink about it.
Blessings!
2 comments:
I know I have told you several times that you have nothing I would feel I needed/wanted. Not meant to mean that you don't mean anything... just those things probably have more of a sentimental value to you than I would see in it. I'll ask The Wife if there would be anything... but trust me when I say I think she has enough stuff here. In fact, you'll be reading about it on my blog probably tomorrow morning....
LOL You also have never told me if you want this ceramic Christmas Tree that grandma made me years ago. If not, that's fine, but I wanted to give you the first opportunity to get it.
Post a Comment